New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Hi all... My wife wants to learn how to drive. I was wondering if I could ask your help in recommending any good school/instructor. There was this one post about A1 or Socialite (I forgot which) teaching all the wrong things.

Yung basic lang, up to 5 hours' session sana, stick shift, hindi bastos yung instructor, tsaka marunong talaga. Was it PMA that was recommended? How do I reach them?

Ako sana magturo kaya lang apparently the method that was used to teach me is not applicable.

Thanks a lot!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AAP Automobile Association of the Philippines(formerly PMA) along Aurora Blvd. in between of Broadway Centrum and Gilmore st. tel. 7230808

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Thanks man! Nag inquire na ko. JUne 21 pa yung next available session, pero mukhang ok nga. May classroom type seminar pa. Sched na lang ang problema. Malayo kasi Makati kami.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you are also willing to sacrifice your ride, you may also get a freelance driving instructor....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ser wildthing...check mo na lang may pasay branch ata sila.. ;)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by happy_gilmore
    if you are also willing to sacrifice your ride, you may also get a freelance driving instructor....
    What I did back then was to enroll first at Socialite then practice my driving skills with someone like that.

But experience is still the best teacher. If she doesn't practice driving that much you'll just be wasting money...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    experience lang yan..

kahit ako walang school school.. kaya un ga broken lines mga kugn anu anu dapat malaman this year ko lang nalaman kasi sinamahan ko cousin ko kumuha ng lisence. ayun pumasok nadin ako sa seminar.hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    agree...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    medyo bad ung experience ko sa socialite...masungit ung instructor...my fault din na di ko nirequest na palitan kaagad ung kumag na un

...pero ok ung experience ko sa A1 megamall branch

still, after driving school, practice, practice, practice! kung hindi malilimutan mo yan! look at me, i've been thru driving school 3x na! di kasi naprapraktis...kaya pinipilit ko talagang maka drive on weekends/holidays

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    opinion lang po. if i were in the same situation, i'll be the one to teach my wife how to operate (note: operate not drive) the vehicle. why did i say opereate instead of drive. because (let me quote James Deakin) " teaching how to operate a vehicle is very much different from teaching how to drive"

how come. the way i see it, anybody can learn how to operate a car, but to drive, first you must learn how to operate properly, then the process of learning how to drive will follow. driving is a continuous process. one should always remember that.

anyway, my rationale why i will be the teacher for my wife is because for me, it is a form of 'bonding'. saka pinapasa mo sa kanya yung responsibility, lalo na kapag may kids na.

yun lang po muna. for now, wife muna hahanapin ko saka na ko magtuturo. hehehehe :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Where to learn how to drive