New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    because girls can wrap daddy around their little finger :inlove:
    [size=20]Bingo![/size] I'm probably going to be one of those daddies in sixteen years or so. But of course, I'm going to make sure she knows how to drive (as in, how to really drive) before I give her one.

Even if there are some ditzy girls out there who occassionally get into minor fender benders, the sad, sobering statistic is that 99.9999% of all the big ones are done by over-aggressive, testosterone-laced young men. Which is why you never (at least, if you're wise about it) give a nice car to a male teenager. Never. Not even if they're the next Michael Schumacher.

It's not the skill that guys lack. It's the restraint.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    daddy's :littleangel:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I thought it was because girls had to have a reliable car and guys can bring older cars since they can fix them when it bogs down.

Hey, I got an 89 Lancer EL as my first car. You name it, I've done it. Overheat, flat tire, broken exhaust pipe, broken springs, worn clutch... it was my first car but that was an adventure each day! And in 2004, we sold it for 120k pa!

Imagine if I had a sister my age that time who would drive that car. If it broke down in the middle of the road, she could be taken advantage of. Ako, hindi. Even if they did, alam nilang hindi ako vulnerable dahil lalaki ako unlike female drivers who get stalled.

And now? I drive an even older car! But it has never given up on me. My friends in school all say I have a unique car, and they don't expect much from a 24 year old diesel MB until they sit in it and realize everything works. Well, ok, except the clock...
    Last edited by mbeige; March 1st, 2007 at 12:26 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    ganyan talaga mga tsikas bro, most of them wouldn't be caught dead with an old beat-up car... kaya si kuya na lang mag-tyaga muna sa lumang tsikot at bago kay sista..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    [SIZE=20]Bingo![/SIZE] I'm probably going to be one of those daddies in sixteen years or so. But of course, I'm going to make sure she knows how to drive (as in, how to really drive) before I give her one.

Even if there are some ditzy girls out there who occassionally get into minor fender benders, the sad, sobering statistic is that 99.9999% of all the big ones are done by over-aggressive, testosterone-laced young men. Which is why you never (at least, if you're wise about it) give a nice car to a male teenager. Never. Not even if they're the next Michael Schumacher.

It's not the skill that guys lack. It's the restraint.
    May kaklase ako nung araw na naging award-winning pro racer. Commute lang siya nung HS at car nila beat-up old opel.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I remember my Dad offering to let me use his old car. I told him I rather commute. More chicks to see that way. Plus, I have better excuses for staying out late. I also didn't have the heart to say it's a piece of junk.

My folks offered to buy my sister a new car. She turned that one down. She preferred to ride in our old car "chaffeured" by Dad.

And no. They didn't offer me a new car. Not even close.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 1st, 2007 at 08:23 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Honga noh? its unfair!!!

When my dad told me he wanted to buy my first car (BN City 2006) after five years my daughter told me he wanted the car when she is old enough to drive. hehehe kids.

I told my daughter there are better cars when that time comes.

But the idea never crossed my mind if I have a son to offer a newer car to my daughter. I'd rather my son drive her ate around when the time comes... hehehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    When my daughter turns 18, she'll get the (by then old) Hyundai. Me, I'm buying a Mustang.....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah! hehehe. My 9 year old kid sister is actually asking our dad for a Hummer. H1 or H3 daw. Naging specific pa! hahaha.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    May kaklase ako nung araw na naging award-winning pro racer. Commute lang siya nung HS at car nila beat-up old opel.
    I remember I think Richard Burns being interviewed by Jeremy Clarkson a few years ago on TV. It went something like this (paraphrased of course)

JC: ...and you drive?
    RB: A Volvo.
    JC: Why?
    RB: ...it's safe...?
    JC: You do 200MPH for a living and drive around a Volvo because it's SAFE?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
cars of boys and girls