New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mga tsikoteers, i'm planning to buy a carbon fiber hood for my Galant VR 96 as a part of weight reduction plans para mejo tumipid sa gas (kahit mga 1% lang ). What do you think guys? Any info kung saan or magkano magiging damage? Any suggestion will be appreciated

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ung pag tipid lang ba talaga sa gas ung reason? kung un lang baka matagal mo pa mabawi ung pinambili mo ng CF hood. nasa 10k pataas pa ata ung mga CF hood eh.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    very minimal lang ang gas consumption reduction ng carbon fibre hood.

it would be easier and much cheaper to unload unnecessary stuff in your trunk and inside the cabin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    walang ready made CF hood pang 7G galant. nagtanong na kami ng mga katropa ko, aabot daw ng 17k kung magpapasadya ka. kelangan pa nila ng molde so you'll have to give up your stock hood.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Cf hood will cost your around 15-20K!
    ayaw mo mag carbonkevlar ung may mga color pwedeng blue, depende kung anu kulay ng oto mo kunin mo ung babagay

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Even if you strip out the rear seats, spare tire you will still have mileage problems.

A'96 VR aint exactly a miser, the engine screams vroooom!

Is your Galant an automatic?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can buy lots of gas with the money you will spend buying that hood.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe. nice point sir Otep. Di lang naman dahil sa gas eh, aminin ko na na its for porma, hehehe. Bigat na bigat kasi ako sa chassis nang Galant ko and naisip ko lang na a way to reduce weight and also reduce strain sa front suspension, makaka tulong kaya sa steering ko ung plano ko?
    Manual tranny po

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir Saloon, san kayo tumingin? What do you mean na iggive-up yung hood? as in hindi ko na sya magagamit dahil ipang momold?

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    cf hood for weight=mileage, hmm, I'm all for it but you have to go all the way to get the full benefits. strip the car as much as you can of any dead weights, replace other parts with less expensive weight saving alloys or composites, remove electronic gadgetry e.g. power windows, locks, airbags, ac, etc., minimum trim for interior> that sort of thing.

cf hood for pogi points alone, yeah go for it, leave it unpainted. choose the cheapest cf polymer with pinakamababang modulus.

kung ako sayo, buong panels papa-cf ko. coconut fibre nga lang para cheap and low cholerol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Carbon Fiber hood