bkt walang pang post...... diba kanina lang to ng 730 pm

for me

mazda 3 > x-trail/tribute > previa > Accord

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...ano ba criteria for COTY?

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    If I were to judge Philippines' Car of the year, 4 conditions should be satisfied to gain this award.

First, price should be relatively affordable by most of the filipinos in the middle-class. Compact cars should belong to this category. Kia Picanto, Honda Jazz, Toyota Vios. Some AUV's might also be counted.

Second, can be used for typical filipino family daily or weekly activities. I would say that all the compact cars belong to this category but to add to this, good vans and AUV's such as Hyundai Starex, TOYOTA Revo, Isuzu Crosswind, Mitsubishi Adventure.

Third, the car must be fuel efficient since gas price and consumption is always an issue when a typical filipino individual or family buys a vehicle. All the compact sedans would also belong to this and diesel-powered vans and AUV's.

Fourth, must be built with good quality and excellent track record of reliability.

So all things considered, to pick 3 vehicles from these choices, I would vote for HONDA Jazz, Toyota Vios and Toyota REVO.
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; February 25th, 2005 at 08:20 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    cnu ba nanalo???

any updates?

...and the winners are.....

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Kakabitin... my pick is the Mazda3!

X-rail sana...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ano na nga???

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdoc95
    If I were to judge Philippines' Car of the year, 4 conditions should be satisfied to gain this award.

First, price should be relatively affordable by most of the filipinos in the middle-class. Compact cars should belong to this category. Kia Picanto, Honda Jazz, Toyota Vios. Some AUV's might also be counted.

Second, can be used for typical filipino family daily or weekly activities. I would say that all the compact cars belong to this category but to add to this, good vans and AUV's such as Hyundai Starex, TOYOTA Revo, Isuzu Crosswind, Mitsubishi Adventure.

Third, the car must be fuel efficient since gas price and consumption is always an issue when a typical filipino individual or family buys a vehicle. All the compact sedans would also belong to this and diesel-powered vans and AUV's.

Fourth, must be built with good quality and excellent track record of reliability.

So all things considered, to pick 3 vehicles from these choices, I would vote for HONDA Jazz, Toyota Vios and Toyota REVO.

Those are very good points, however you forgot to include the following:
    1. Engine performance - you can have the cheapest, highest quality car, with the best fuel economy, but a car needs to be a car......therefore, you need a torquey engine for the stop-and-go daily drive.

2. Brake performance - you may have everything, but you need good brakes - good brake performance may save your life.

3. Other safety devices - such as ABS, airbags, etc....its about time that Filipinos should be more concerned about safety. And for a responsible driver, a responsible parent and a responsible citizen, safety should start in our selves.

Who voting? or is it based on sales?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Car Of The Year Philippines (COTY)