New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unti-unti akong nag-iipon ng mga tools para sa oto ko.

Curious lang ako.

Sa Ratchets di ba meron 3/4" drive, 1/2" drive at kung ano-ano pa.

Ang tanong ko pa eh ito:

1. Bakit magkaiba pa sila?

2. Saan ginagamit ang 3/4 drive and saan dapat gamitin ang 1/2 drive?

Hope you can enlighten me.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    That's the size of the part na pinagkakabitan ng socket wrench or other attachments. It's just a size difference. Usually, if the ratchet is smaller, then mas maliit yung drive size niya, proportional to the size of the tool. Kung mas malaki yung ratchet, mas malaki din yung size nung drive. The bigger sized drives should presumably handle more torque, all else being equal. Ganun din sa pneumatic tools, malaki yung drive size kasi high-torque itong mga tools na ito.

The size is there din to guide you -- in case you already have an existing socket set, you'd want to know what ratchet will fit your existing socket set.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bigger size does matter. If you're planning to place it on a sedan, a 1/2 drive fairly suits your needs. Imagine placing the bigger 3/4 with bigger head in a small cramped work area. I myself use a 1/2 drive, the important thing is that you will need sufficient sizes for all the bolts and nuts that your car has. And oh before I forget, one more thing, when buying rachet tool, make usre you get the heavy duty one. The tighter the switch control the better.

I remembered one time when I thought I had the sizes for our ride, until afrasay need a 17mm socket which does not exist in my tool box. :D

Car Tools Query