New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hey guys, I am getting a new car. My dealer said that the tools that come with it only include a jack and tire wrench. I heard that only japanese brands give a more complete set. I want to know whether you think its necessary to have a complete tools set? I only drive in the city.

How much do they cost? Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Eto lang naman usually mga tools for bnew cars issued by dealers:

jack (bottle type)
    tire wrench (single)
    screw drivers (flat & philips)
    plier wrench
    EWD
    at saka yung pang-rotate sa reserved tire if its installed outside the compartment

reason ng dealer is bnew naman daw ung unit kaya no need to add mga iba pang tools, just the above basics would do.

pero ang ginawa ko, pinalitan ko yung jack to alligator type, mas madali kasi para sa akin isalpak sa ilalim ang ganitong klase. Also, ung tire wrench pinalitan ko into cross-type, mas madali loosen/fasten ng bolts coz mas firm ang grip.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Hey guys, I am getting a new car. My dealer said that the tools that come with it only include a jack and tire wrench. I heard that only japanese brands give a more complete set. I want to know whether you think its necessary to have a complete tools set? I only drive in the city.

How much do they cost? Thank you.
    Having a more complete set of tools gives you the ability to make basic repairs and maintenance on your car.

-set of wrenches
    -one adjustable wrench (optional)
    -one philips screwdriver
    -one flat screwdriver
    -pliers
    -early warning device

if you want to be more ready:
    -flashlight
    -tow rope
    -jumper cables
    -set of replacement fuses (check what type your car uses)
    -roll of duct tape (patch small holes or strapping thing together, etc)
    -bottle of water
    -hydraulic or alligator jack (the screw type jack is difficult to use)
    -cross type tire wrench (easier to use)
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 6th, 2007 at 11:48 AM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    it's not a matter of where you drive. it's a matter of one's competence in using whatever tools a "complete set" constitutes. I mean not unless you know how to use all the tools from a "complete set" (i.e. you have knowledge regarding auto repairs and will definitely be employing them) there's no need to be lugging your "entire garage" around right? or even stocking your garage with tools which you might never use since you always go to your friendly neighborhood autoshop/talyer/dealer anyway. IMHO.

eto bundled sa akin "out of the box" i.e. casa:
    -scissor jacks and tire wrench
    -screwdriver with interchangeable -/+ heads
    -EWD
    -screw-type tow hook/loop

plus: flashlights, tire pressure gauge, adjustable spanner, wire cutter, pliers, VOM and some other stuffs dictated by whatever the present conditions dictates.
    Last edited by B2Bomber; July 6th, 2007 at 01:56 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when i first got my car from the casa. ang kasama is tire wrench lang and jack... umarbor pa ako ng EWD...

now, i carry at least 5 sets of wrenches, a crocodile plier, a cutter, two sets of screwdrivers and a vice-grip.

i also carry around a spare bottle of mineral water, an extra liter of oil, a jumpstarting cable, extra fuses, extra bulbs, rags, etc.

i also carry around an emergency tire compressor and two sets of flashlights and a hood lamp.

it will all depend on you on whether to put these tools inside the car. what matters, is if you can make basic repairs and diagnostics of your car in case of breakdown.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sa Ace hardware, may nabibiling complete set of tools, including tow rope, flashlight, tire inflator, battery cable, tool kit, etc.

Less than 3k, and its branded. Pero sorry ha, nakalimutan ko kung anong brand.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31435

-First aid kit (yung may quick reference instructions para kahit sino pwede gumamit)
    -Life Hammer (they're back in stock sa SM City Hardware Php229.75/ea.)
    -Tow Strap with D-shackles (available in off-road shops. Yung sa akin padala ng fellow Tsikoteer)
    -Jumper cables
    -Safety goggles
    -Hard hat with reflector
    -EWD
    -Hand held halogen lamp
    -Battery operated flashlight
    -Socket-powered flashlight
    -Battery-free flashlight
    -Tie-down straps
    -Leather gloves
    -Surgical gloves (para hindi madumihan kamay when changing tires)
    I just put them in a black duffel bag so I can transfer to whatever car I'm driving.

Only the Life Hammer, First Aid Kit, and Fire Extinguisher are accessible from the driver's seat.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    First aid kit (yung may quick reference instructions para kahit sino pwede gumamit)
    -Life Hammer (they're back in stock sa SM City Hardware Php229.75/ea.)
    -Tow Strap with D-shackles (available in off-road shops. Yung sa akin padala ng fellow Tsikoteer)
    -Jumper cables
    -Safety goggles
    -Hard hat with reflector
    -EWD
    -Hand held halogen lamp
    -Battery operated flashlight
    -Socket-powered flashlight
    -Battery-free flashlight
    -Tie-down straps
    -Leather gloves
    -Surgical gloves (para hindi madumihan kamay when changing tires)

idagdag mo na din iyong rain coat and cover all shirt .... just in case flat tire ka at umuulan and coverall protection para hndi madumihan iyong sout na damit.
    Also include mo na din sa tools iyong knife possible swiss knife gamitin iyon.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont forget condoms... very important!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP, may pic ka ba nyang duffel bag mo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Car Tools