1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

ganito ba sir dindo?
    what's the color?
    red?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by woodfire
    I tried the mustang and the handling is okay but not as sharp and precise as the E30 M3 though. However, the ROAR of the engine, even if it is a small block GT350, is orgasmic, hehehe! Tama si Kimpoy, it's pure lust, even the looks. :whoa:
    my original post got deleted but i was asking if that car is the SHELBY mustang gt350. if it is, that car is a collector's item...outstanding performance for its day and an excellent racing heritage. you might make some money off it.

although if you were going head to head on the track with the m3, my money's on the m3 to beat it in the curves and hang with it on the straights.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    If your idea is to use the vehicle as a cruiser or sunday car, the mustang does have it's merits. It brings with it nostalgia and a reminder of days past when gas was cheap and cars hefty. It's not slow either. It just doesn't handle as well as an E30 M3 because the m3 was purpose built for the track and only secondarily for the street. if you still want to play around and enjoy cutting apexes, then the m3 will always be the one to put a smile on your face. Only you can decide where your preferences lay.

As for a comment made that the E30 will embarrass even the E36 variant... I disagree. I have had the good fortune to drive these two vehicles for a while so I am quite intimate with their different characteristics. The E30 is certainly a boy racer and loves to be flung around curves and the road conditions are almost transmitted to you telepathically but the E36 is no slouch either. It just happens to be more benign and forgiving of driver input or perhaps, driver misinput. In the hands of two equally capable drivers, the newer version will perform better on the track. Even though it is heavier, it will still post faster lap times. The e30 may do better in an exaggeratedly short and tight course but on an otherwise "normal" track with sufficient straightaways and long bends, the E36 will, in my experience, be the better vehicle. Not to mention that it is certainly more comfortable on the street. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Wolverine; August 30th, 2003 at 05:51 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ganito ba yung itsura?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    roninblade::: Di ba fastback model na yan?

May nakita akong Mustang line up:

Ford Mustang Heritage click here!
    Last edited by Ungas; August 30th, 2003 at 07:26 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    whoa! my post the other day got deleted!

anyways, i made a mistake in the description of the stang. it's a '67 GT fastback and not a GT350 (which is a small block shelby variant). it has a 4-speed manual tranny, a front disc power brake (an option at the time it was produced), and a small block V8. the color is blue with white stripes.

according to enthusiasts, only two shelby variants are known to be here in the Philippines. one is owned by the son of J.P. Enrile. this car is the GT350 painted in orange. the GT350 generates in excess of 375hp at the crank.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by roninblade
    ganito ba yung itsura?

yes. color is dark blue with white stripes.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes. color is dark blue with white stripes.
    CLASSIC
    :whoa: Grab it, bro. That's once in a lifetime chance. Just 2 of them in the Phil??? You can always get the newer M3s. But not this one. Good luck.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

anyways, i made a mistake in the description of the stang. it's a '67 GT fastback and not a GT350 (which is a small block shelby variant). it has a 4-speed manual tranny, a front disc power brake (an option at the time it was produced), and a small block V8. the color is blue with white stripes.
    ah...i see. well in that case, my vote goes with the m3. since we're talking about classics, there weren't a lot of e30 m3's made, it was basically a full-bore race car sold to the public for homologation purposes. it owned dtm and other races in its day, and it's drop dead gorgeous. it's probably just my personal bias, but having grown up around the regular mustangs here in the US they really are nothing special to me (although they have that classic look).

food for thought: in my deleted post i hypothesized that the e30 m3 would hang with the Shelby GT350 (this is the 350+ hp version)....well an internet search has turned up the following numbers:

0-60 mph, M3 (195 hp): 7.1 sec
    0-60 mph, '65 Shelby GT350 (300 something hp): 6.8 sec (not sure if they uprated it in '67)
    0-60 mph, '67 Mustang small block: 7.4 sec

now of course, 0-60 isn't everything, but it gives you some idea of the performance of the m3. obviously, it will destroy a stock mustang on a track

i don't want to sound too much like a bimmer fanboy, so i'll stop now :D

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Given the choice and being a Mustang owner, (a 66 coupe) I'll pick the pony over the bimmer. Nothing beats the rumble of a V8. It scares the pants out of me. The looks department is beautiful too. No need for a humongous spoiler, fart cans, bombastic sound system, neon lights to get you noticed. The whole car is a statement itself.

It's a given fact that these pony cars were not built for zigzags. You know why americans are so crazy over straight line performance. Plus, the engine is so basic you can fix it right away.

I can go on for days about ponies. But it just me.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Car Swap: E30 M3 for 1967 Mustang GT