New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MB na 123 din hinahanap ng dad ko dati..
    kaso sabi sa kanya mahal daw ang parts
    kaya bumili na lang siya ng crown..
    sayang mas gusto ko pa naman sana ng MB.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    restoration for daily drive - MB 123 euro version

for weekend cruising and showcar - Ford Mustang (1967 - GT; 1969-Mach1; 1970/71- BOSS). Pero if you're into it really for show and investment, a Shelby Mustang GT350 or Shelby Mustang GT500 will be the best buy! Parts can be had at Angeles, Pampanga and the internet (e.g. LarrysMustang.com).

I had a 1967 Mustang GT Fastback but sold it and got an E30M3 instead. If I had the budget, I would have retained the Stang!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    woodfire:

just curious what's the going rate for a 1967 Mustang GT Fastback ? :D

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    sir hboy, otep...you guys seem to know a lot about w123 benzs any tips when looking for one....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tips?

Try to find one that is as original as possible.

Try finding one with a good body and interior. The powertrain and suspension are pretty easy to work with if you plan on restoring the vehicle.

Euro versions rock! U.S. versions have wacky bumpers and lousy lighting (hindi pa halogen). U.S. version vehicles also make slightly less power esp. the California versions.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    btw ano ba ang diff ng c lass sa e class?

parang ang gulo naman...

tama ba ako....sa e class...123 then 124 then yung current na eclass ngayon?

e ano naman yung sa c?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by vince168
    woodfire:

just curious what's the going rate for a 1967 Mustang GT Fastback ? :D
    Good Condition (close to authentic restoration): Php 450t
    Very Good Condition (very close to authentic resto): Php 600-680t
    Mint Condition: (all parts, even trimmings, are authentic and in very good condition): Php 800t to Php 850t

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sheep - the C class started in 1993 or 1994 with the W202 designation. the 2nd (current) generation is the W203.

regarding your original question, i would only restore a car that has a rich history, and could be termed a classic.

i wouldn't do a beetle, because while it's a classic, it's still an economy car with ~50 hp

stay away from the later 70's and 80's mustangs - they are a joke. the shelbys (like woodfire says) are the most in demand, as are the "Boss" mustangs. the original '63-64 mustangs are also highly in demand, with the other mustangs of the 60's being next.

the MB W123's are also a good candidate - if you could get one of the older SL roadsters, those are imo the ultimate MB restoration project (unless you can afford a Gullwing, hehe)

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Originally posted by woodfire
    Good Condition (close to authentic restoration): Php 450t
    Very Good Condition (very close to authentic resto): Php 600-680t
    Mint Condition: (all parts, even trimmings, are authentic and in very good condition): Php 800t to Php 850t
    Whoa! Ok pala mag restore ng mustang. Sayang, dad ko merong mustang dati.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Originally posted by M54 Powered
    Sheep - the C class started in 1993 or 1994 with the W202 designation. the 2nd (current) generation is the W203.

regarding your original question, i would only restore a car that has a rich history, and could be termed a classic.

i wouldn't do a beetle, because while it's a classic, it's still an economy car with ~50 hp

stay away from the later 70's and 80's mustangs - they are a joke. the shelbys (like woodfire says) are the most in demand, as are the "Boss" mustangs. the original '63-64 mustangs are also highly in demand, with the other mustangs of the 60's being next.

the MB W123's are also a good candidate - if you could get one of the older SL roadsters, those are imo the ultimate MB restoration project (unless you can afford a Gullwing, hehe)

di naman po ako yung mag rerestore yung friend ko, tinutulungan ko lang sya.... gusto ko rin sana pero hanggang pangarap lang...

:drool:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
car restoration