New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jazz or Vios, Either of the 2 will give you good fuel economy as well being both fun to drive.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if i were in your situation
    i'll sell the altis then buy a mini SUV (CRV first gen)
    then get the Vios
    at least may subcompact car ka na may mini SUV ka pa.
    kesa naman may dalawa kang car.
    but that's me

on your original question i'd get the Civic

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    If you get the vios, you might not want to drive your Altis anymore as your current car is less responsive. But the altis and the vios are very similar cars and even share some of the same parts. If you are comfortable and satisfied with the Toyota service, maintenance and performance then go for another toyota. If you want a change, try the City 1.5 Vtec. It has more features as it is the top of the line subcompact car of Honda versus the entry level compact car that is the Civic.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    civic choice ko. wala nang patumpik-tumpik pa. :D

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I've never driven a CVT before, much less in the 7-speed manual mode, so I've no idea what it feels like. I have a better idea of the 'manu-matic' type of operation because it's just a standard automatic with a manual gear select mode.

Do you have to lift off to change gears or do you just flick the lever? Can one chirp the tires like in a regular stick or automatic? Can one redline the engine in manual mode?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ebbfolls , according to some tsikoteers here pwede raw mag burn out. but to my experience, its gonna need some work to do. the lancer mx has a rev limiter which limits the gearbox to engage * only 2k. Driving the CVT is somewhat the same with a normal matic. With a CVT, you won't feel the automatic shifting of the gears. One of the goals of the CVT is to achieve smoother shifting. You could be surprised that you are at 6k already and you wouldn't feel the tranny shift. The next thing you know you're already at 120 kph. hehe The manu-matic could either be on CVT or standard matic. As with any manu-matic, you could redline the engine. That's the reason why we have the manual mode. In changing to manu-matic mode, flick the lever. :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    city with 7 speed cvt.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    My suggestion is Honda Civic.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    before you buy any of the cars you mentioned, ask how much it takes to maintain the car & i mean regular maintenance only. might be in for a surprise. maintaining 2 cars can make a dent on your pocket. if your car plan includes charging maintenance costs to the company, kahit ano pwede. yun nga lang pag naging iyo na yung kotse & maybe 5 years from now, medyo malaki na rin ang maintaining cost nyan. congrats for getting a new car.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    touch choice. pareho kami ni kimpoy ng suggestion..sell your current car then shop around for a mini-SUV..iba na rin yung may ganito..para pwede ilusong sa baha..hehehe for the company car..i would choose the civic. :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Car Plan: Need help in choosing a ride