New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mga tol, hingi lang ako opinion sa inyo...

im about to buy a car and im choosing between a nissan 180sx rps-13 and a celica gt-four (2nd gen 3sgte, pop up head lamps, all wheel drive)...

mas mura yung 180sx by 80k pero hindi srd20det ang makina im thinking of swapping it in case ill buy it...

ano po ba ang pros and cons with respect to maintenance, perf parts availability and surplus ...

thanks for your help...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    er.. where are you from?... if you are in manila, either car might be a problem when you need certain parts that aren't common to other cars locally.

If I were to choose "as-is" between the cars though, I'd get the Celica.

For the 180sx, if you want more power, you can always do an engine swap with a SR20DET... but it'll probably cost you an extra 100T for the engine & labor.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yes, im from manila... im a fan of JDM cars thats why i want something "extraordinary" here in manila.

anyway, ive been scouting around banawe and found out that the cars' respective engines (sr20det for the 180sx) are abundant in the market... yun nga lang i dont know exactly as to what extent banawe (or any place for tha matter) could supply me with parts (if ever i would need them in the future).

need more opinions mga friends... :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my vote goes to the celica... although both cars have relatively little parts available kung nasa manila ka...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you want parts or someone who could look for parts... contact auto_xer thru his email auto_xer*yahoo.com or look for him at Fusion R along E.Rod Sr in QC.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung bottomless budget ka naman, then why not dba?

go for it, dude! good luck and keep up posted with whichever project car you decide to get

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    parang hinde taga pinas e... alam ko sobra bihira un availability ng gnau cars dito satn eh.. tama ba?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    odell: parang nga.. cguro meron syang mga parts kaso surplus na siya..

my vote goes to celica din...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    exotic looking cars but relatively easy to maintain would be the Mitsu Eclipse because it shares common parts with the Galant.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    celica na lang, all wheel drive pa. more traction to!
    yung minahal na 80k, baka magastos mo lang sa engine swap. baka may idagdag ka pa sa 80k. and you won't know if that was perfectly done.

80k would be good enough for peace of mind

ps: pwedeng padrive? ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
car dilemma