New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Had an accident yesterday :cry:

Nope! It wasn't the J series! "Just" my old 323.

I hit a jeepney while crossing San Andres St. along the South Super Highway (going to Quirino). I wasn't able to see him as he was at the end of the ones crossing along San Andres and a truck was blocking my view. I slammed on the brakes but it didn't bite (due to faded brake pads probably).

No one was injured (thank God for that) and I was wearing a seatbelt.

The damage to the car was pretty nasty... the grille was smashed, the bumper was distorted, the hood was crumpled and both the left and right front body panels were a bit out of shape. Both headlight were intact but the right one's mirror was smashed and the jeep's paint marks were all over it. Miraculously, both the fog lamps survived (15K rin yun!). The radiator's upper part was pushed to the engine block and the coolant is leaking too. The power steering fluid spilled too. I just couldn't determine if the engine oil spilled, I'm thinking that the brownish liquid that spilled was just the power steering fluid as it wasn't "oily" when I touched it.

The engine is still working and I was able to drive on and off a flatbed truck (from Prudential Guarantee).

The damage to the jeep costed only P1,200. They just had to repair the long stainless stepboard that I damaged. The body of the jeep where I got hit just had its paint scrapped off!!! Tigas sobra nung kaha!!!

So I went alone with the tow truck to the Pier to have a Police Report filed. The Officer hinted on "expiditing" the papers, so I agreed on that (nauna pa ako sa dalawang mas nauna sa akin... hehehe...). And besides, medyo kabado na ako. He also mentioned on he ticketing me for the accident, and he just said that to avoid the hassle I should just pay him right then and there (hmmmmmmmm...).

After the accident the car was bought in a Car Service Center in Makati.

The funny thing was that this morning, I confirmed that the Insurer of the Car was not Prudential Guarantee (it was a year ago). The company just changed their insurer this year.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just a few questions:

Would the insurance company (we have a comprehensive insurance for it) cover all the damages? The police report was quite neutral, it wasn't stated there on who was to blame or what. The sketch is sketchy :mrgreen: too. Not much detail.

How long would the repair of this take?

Any rough estimates?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it will except for the deductible. depends on the insurance company. some charge 2500.00 while some charge 3500.00. you will just have to pay for the deductible amount. make sure all documents are submitted to the insurance company (eg. police reports, claiim sheets or forms, photographs of the damages, and yung canvass amount ng gagawa).

for the length of the repair, it depends sa paguusap nyo nyan ng casa or ng talyer.

ooops, and before i forget. make sure that yung gagawa is accredited ng insurance company mo. some insurance companies refuse claim pag ang gagawa or ang gumagawa is not accredited sa kanila.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazdamazda,

I had a similar accident with my CRV (total wreck). I think kung comperhensive yun, they will cover all the damages including dun sa nabangga mo, though I believe meron ka ring minimal participation, just don't know exactly how many percent.

Glad to hear you're okay at walang nasaktan. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and add ko lang mazdamazda, yung damage ba ng nabangga mo is nabayaran mo na? pwede rin yang i-claim eh. in case kung nabayaran mo na, meron kang katibayan na binayaran mo na yun? a receipt or some signed document perhaps? kasi pwede ring i-reimburse yun eh. pero i doubt if you will still do.

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    sorry to hear that mazda

estimate ko mga lagpas 1 month. dami kasi gagawin(body and mechanical) pag sa casa gagawin.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pano nga pala yan mazdamazda, meron pa bang makukunan ng parts sa pinas kasi wala ng distributor ang Mazda dyan di ba?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    icecold, meron pa rin naman sigurong mga parts. i think signet still sells parts for mazdas. tsaka marami din nyan siguro sa banawe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buti naman kung ganun. Sabagay Banawe will be the place :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry to hear that sir...
    its gud that no one was hurt.

(buti na lang hindi yung rav..mwehehehe)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Car Accident Yesterday