http://www.bigbigcar.com/boards/Defa...?g=posts&t=260

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    limited ba sa 3 ang nominees per class?

class 2: no jazz and city
    no getz

class 3: no civic(WTF)

class 5: include mazda6 please.

AND ISUZU ALTERRA, WTF... against suburban and XP... fullsize SUV???

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cyrus, I also questioned the inclusion of the Alterra in the full-size category... here's Kevin's response:

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Limjoco
    Thank you gentlemen! Good question Mazdamazda, the Isuzu Alterra is considered a full size SUV because of its long wheelbase (it’s actually longer than the current Ford Expedition!) and intended purpose, yes even if it does cost significantly less than the other nominees. The Alterra may not be sophisticated but it does precisely what it was engineered to do, carry a large number of passengers in comfort with the durability to effectively handle our local roads in a more financially approachable acquisition price.
    As for your other queries... I think they are now excluding vehicles which will have a facelift/replacement by 2008. Anyway, I'll try to inquire (well you can also post your query over *there*) regarding that.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusblutrooper View Post
    limited ba sa 3 ang nominees per class?

class 2: no jazz and city
    no getz

class 3: no civic(WTF)

class 5: include mazda6 please.

AND ISUZU ALTERRA, WTF... against suburban and XP... fullsize SUV???
    Baka biased yung author vs honda. Wala kahit isang pumasok??

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ^^^ thanks MM bilis ng reply

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hehehe, car brands have their days and looks like one of 'em got pwnt.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Baka biased yung author vs honda. Wala kahit isang pumasok??
    Hi pup2, here's Kevin's answer:

The Honda CRV 2.4 is a nominee for class 16. We do not have biases toward any brand and model. To be a nominee in the C! awards, each vehicle must earn the privilege by merit on all fronts: performance, durability, design, fit & finish, audio quality, NVH rating, value, fuel efficiency, pride of ownership, warranty length and affectivity, projected long term value after 5 years, timeliness, and etc…

The Honda Jazz and Civic have been C! winners in the past but they have been eclipsed by the current market roster.

The new Jazz would certainly have been a contender if it got thoroughly tested by us by the end of February which is the cut-off for all brands. Honda can’t give us the car with our locked schedule.
    ===

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusblutrooper
    class 5: include mazda6 please
    Here's Kevin's answer:

The Mazda 6 was also a previous winner and will also be in our list for Hall of Famers, but it has also not received any significant updates in 2007-2008, and will actually be replaced soon with an all-new model which I presume you already know
    ===

http://www.bigbigcar.com/boards/Defa...ts&m=9947#9947

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    On the compact SUV (5 seater)
    No Escape?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here are the winners (an impromptu listing for now...):

http://www.bigbigcar.com/boards/Defa...g=posts&t=1117

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks M2. Scheduling problems pala naging big factor din. Might I suggest though na they put an asterisk in the categories where schedule problems occur? Just so the public doesn't get misled.

Hey, maybe you can ask why the WRX's 0-100 VBOX time is higher than the FXT's? It's been bugging me for a while now. Nagbabasa din ako niyang C eh.

Nanalo pala CRV ah! So it's not true na zero ang Honda. Pero dapat siguro nagpalit ang Honda at Mitsu sa CUV at sa compact. I STILL don't trust Mitsu's aftersales (and I'm not sure the Lancer wouldn't have to be aligned every 2-3 months) on the Lancer, but the Outie's kit is apparently just too great a value. Not to mention yung CRV 2.4 na nanalo mas malakas pa sa gas kesa sa FXT ko without the corresponding power. Pero my opinion lang naman po yun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
C! 2008 Awards Nominees