New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hmmm... so, a bulletproof tint does not really exist? The introduction of that Canadian company is worth to see, anyway. Yung sa gun show, bulletproof/resistant car window. Kaya lang, ang kapal ng window. GH and Yebo are right, the windows should be very thick to repel the bullet. The distributor even suggests for an engine change to at least a V6 to power the vehicle because of the enormous weight added.

P.S. Thanks Mods!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    mahal yan.. officials lng yata nka bullet proof.

lets say you have a bulletproof tint and no armor in the cars body, wala ding kwenta bullet will still penetrate. I have to agree with Yebo that there is no such thing as a bulletproof tint, the purpose of armoring a car is to buy some time to be able to escape.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    just a question.. have you been shot at before?
    nah,seriously... wouldn't it be a whole lot better if you surround yourself
    with bodyguards because IMO, I don't think criminals will pop a moving
    target unless you are at a redlight. and yeah i think it'll cost a crapload
    of money to bulletproof your windows....prolly it's like buying another car?
    cheaper alternative siguro is a bulletproof vest?
    Last edited by tinky; November 28th, 2005 at 11:44 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    lets say you have a bulletproof tint and no armor in the cars body, wala ding kwenta bullet will still penetrate. I have to agree with Yebo that there is no such thing as a bulletproof tint, the purpose of armoring a car is to buy some time to be able to escape.
    Although it might sound a waste of money to bulletproof your window while not modifying your car door, most of the time, a criminal will initially try to shoot you through the glass windows before even thinking of shooting through the metal door.

So a bulletproof window with non-modified door can save you from the first few shots but thats about it. You should have the frame of mind to quickly get out of the "kill-zone".

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Yes, GH is right! In an ambush just like what motorcycle-riders-hitmen do, they aim at your head, for instant kill. In a car-jacking situation, they point the gun straight at your face, para sindakin ka. With a bulletproof tint/glass, fear is greatly reduced... and you can buy time to escape and/or at the same time, get your firearm as your final/secondary option. "Frame/presence of mind" is the key, as what GH said.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    parang useless yung bullet proof tint na yun. eh yung body naman di naman bulletproff kaya ganun din db? pag binaril ka sa window, di nga lulusot pero pag binaril ka sa pinto,wala din...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero
    parang useless yung bullet proof tint na yun. eh yung body naman di naman bulletproff kaya ganun din db? pag binaril ka sa window, di nga lulusot pero pag binaril ka sa pinto,wala din...
    I think has been answered by previous posts... but let me restate some.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHunter
    Although it might sound a waste of money to bulletproof your window while not modifying your car door, most of the time, a criminal will initially try to shoot you through the glass windows before even thinking of shooting through the metal door.

So a bulletproof window with non-modified door can save you from the first few shots but thats about it. You should have the frame of mind to quickly get out of the "kill-zone".

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BULLET PROOF is a very misleading term. Even ballistics glass used on up-armored vehicles and money transport is only BULLET RESISTANT to a certain degree. But what it does is buy TIME for those in the hot zone to evade and escape the attackers.

I'm not going to bet my life on thin film.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    For carjackings protetion.. Just tint ur windows dark. Psychologically, they wouldn't aim a gun a a black tinted window...they dont know what they're pointing at.. or can't see the reaction of the driver..n cant see if he's pulling out a gun aswell. With a window without tint..easily the gunman can see the victim clearly n can make sure he doesnt try anything funny.

But i guess kung super concerned ka..ehh i guess it's alright for you. if that makes u feel safer driving around past midnight in back alleys of metro manila.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bullet-proof TINT