New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I'm a foreigner here in Philippines and my new car should be shipped by next week. What are all the stuff do I need to do? Anong papeles ang mga kailangan ko every year?

So far, I have a driver's license (of course). The salespeople said libre LTO registration. How often do you have to renew this? I think my next step is getting a license plate, is this the same as LTO registration? And there's the thing with color coding (I live in Manila) and there's emission testing, insurance.....

Could anyone just list all I need to do and renew every year? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats PlaydO,

have your dealer do all that stuffs
    (LTO reg, emission, plate number usually kasama sa package iyan.)
    next is to insure your new car. usually meron sa Dealer yan. ask for a discount.
    if you a religious person, have it blessed
    break-in your new car, don't go beyond 100kph for 5000Km (not sure on the kilometers)
    read your car's manual,
    and lastly enjoy your new ride
    Buckle up and Happy Trails

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    registration of motor vehicles is done every year, where the ending of your plate number corresponds to which month you have to have it registered, e.g. 1 = january, 2 - february, etc. you also have to have it tested for emissions, which can be done in the casa or at an accredited emissions testing center. this should cost you around P300. at the emissions testing center, you will have to present the OR and CR of your car.

the politically correct term would be number coding, a shortened name for the UVVRP (unified vehicle volume reduction program). again, the last number of your license plate corresponds to the day you are prohibited to use your car (from 7am-7pm), e.g. 1 = monday, 2 = tuesday, etc. however, there is an open window from 10am-3pm where there is no number coding enforced, sans makati and san juan where the scheme is implemented from 7am-7pm.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Playdo, if u don't mind me asking....anong car binili mo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Your car's breakin-in period can be safe until first 1,000kms. Like kimpOy said, it is not advisable to drive above 100km/h and let the engine parts settle in first before doing any fast maneuvers. Ideally, break-in period should be run in long stretches with varying speeds in between, 40-80km/h is advised, then have the first Preventive Maintenance Service and oil drained, oil filters changed.

Now for your vehicle's papers, LTO registration is the same as getting your license plates. You can't get plates without registering the vehicle first and vice versa. If the delaer does the first year registration for you, the owner has the right to choose which last digit he would prefer as the car's day off. This is done annually, same goes with the insurance and emision testing. You need to have atleast a TPL insurance (a comprehensive is much better option) and emission test before registering your vehicle, which I assume that you have until next year to do it by yourself.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sir,
    congrats sa new car mo... all of the above ang mga kelangan mo i-remember... since ngayon ka lang ulit mag-drive dito sa pinas... get a comprehensive insurance.. kung wala kang kilalang matinong talyer.. make sure na pwede 'casa repair' ang insurance na kukunin mo.. lagyan mo na din ng alarm para ma-discourage mga small time na magnanakaw

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    playdo congrats on your new kia pride!

ehehe just kidding..what did you get?
    ..or.. did u really get..a kia pride..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ssaloon
    ... the last number of your license plate corresponds to the day you are prohibited to use your car (from 7am-7pm), e.g. 1 = monday, 2 = tuesday, etc. however, ...
    nagmadali ka yatang mag-type, ssaloon :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Parang KIA Pride na rin and binili ko eh I bought a Vios 1.3e. It's pretty low end. It's my first time to drive here in Manila. I've seen how they drive around here, I figure any car I get will get dents, my logos stolen, scratched, and all that other good stuff like the indiscriminate liberal towing. So I went for cheap.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    At least you have your *own* car B). Kahit papano, Toyota pa rin yan!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Bought a new car, now what?