New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Laguna loop, antipolo, rizal, laguna...170kms.
    The Alabangerz[Sarsi, CK, totoybato, hotwheels and lady-hotwheels, clavel, GearSpeed, the gorgeous TsikotBabe - did I miss anyone?] did that some years ago,- from Alabang, to Julia Vargas (meet up with clavel), and then Ortigas, stopping a bit at Antipolo Church, and later stopping by for some snacks and coffee along the mountain roads, and then for some picture taking overlooking Laguna de Bay at Pililla, and then proceeding to Famy, and then to Real where we had lunch/paluto by the ocean and then back to Famy to Pagsanjan and then to Victoria, Calauan, San Pablo (where we had merienda), and then Sto Tomas, SLEX, and back to Alabang.... May pictures pa... post ko later...

Whew! Sarap!

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.4K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
    Last edited by CVT; August 25th, 2016 at 11:45 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ^^
    magandang rod trip nga yan, masubukan nga
    may nakita ako sa net na resort pangalan 10 Cents to Heaven
    pwde siguro mag over night dun

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ay sorry yun 10 Cents to Heaven sa Tanay pala yun
    madadaanan ba yun sa Laguna loop?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    The best road trip is Marcos highway from Marikina to Infanta.

Later in the sierra madre mountains, you will find pine trees and a mountainous scenery comparsble to that of the US mountains. Tapos may mga bungee jumping bridge as well as katutubo from below. In Infanta, you can eat there as well as go to the beach

It's only 3 hour drive one way from Marikina one-way.

Best of all, the roads are well-maintained almost like NLEX.

Stop by at Sampaloc At the Gathering Cafe to experience real starbucks like cofee grown from Mountains of Tanay

This is a very good place to do a road trip. But just an update, the bridge connecting Marilaque and Infanta was damaged due to a typhoon last year and is still not repaired. Locals made a makeshift bridge good for people and motorcycles but not for four wheel vehicles. Just so you'll know. Despite that, it's still a nice place to visit. There's a local falls at the end before the bridge where you can take a dip. Very cold water.

Warning again, the place is famous for motorcycle riders especially on weekends. I suggest you don't go there on a weekend because not all motorcycle riders are responsible and many use the roads like a race track sometimes using even the opposite lane. Whenever I go there on a weekend, always I expect and see a motorcycle accident, whether minor or major. The twisties are very nice thus enticing motogp wannabees.

Lots of places to eat there. The famous one is Jariel's Peak serving exotic food. But this can get very crowded on a weekend. The best view is a new place called The Hulk. The entrance have a big Hulk statue. But limited food choices.

If you go here, go drop by also the Pililia Windmills. Similar to Ilocos Windmills but nearer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    The best road trip is Marcos highway from Marikina to Infanta...

This is a very good place to do a road trip. But just an update, the bridge connecting Marilaque and Infanta was damaged due to a typhoon last year and is still not repaired. Locals made a makeshift bridge good for people and motorcycles but not for four wheel vehicles. Just so you'll know. Despite that, it's still a nice place to visit. There's a local falls at the end before the bridge where you can take a dip. Very cold water.

Warning again, the place is famous for motorcycle riders especially on weekends. I suggest you don't go there on a weekend because not all motorcycle riders are responsible and many use the roads like a race track sometimes using even the opposite lane. Whenever I go there on a weekend, always I expect and see a motorcycle accident, whether minor or major. The twisties are very nice thus enticing motogp wannabees.

Lots of places to eat there. The famous one is Jariel's Peak serving exotic food. But this can get very crowded on a weekend. The best view is a new place called The Hulk. The entrance have a big Hulk statue. But limited food choices.

If you go here, go drop by also the Pililia Windmills. Similar to Ilocos Windmills but nearer.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    The best road trip is Marcos highway from Marikina to Infanta.

Later in the sierra madre mountains, you will find pine trees and a mountainous scenery comparsble to that of the US mountains. Tapos may mga bungee jumping bridge as well as katutubo from below. In Infanta, you can eat there as well as go to the beach

It's only 3 hour drive one way from Marikina one-way.

Best of all, the roads are well-maintained almost like NLEX.

Stop by at Sampaloc At the Gathering Cafe to experience real starbucks like cofee grown from Mountains of Tanay

Or some other road route???

Note: A side trip to Caliraya [if you have the time or some other time] is also highly recommended!

Bass Fishing! Yeah!!!

_/_/_/

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Another is tagaytay via sungay...cars with low torque need not apply..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Another is tagaytay via sungay...cars with low torque need not apply..
    And the winding road down to Taal Lake! Surreal! Yeah!!!

Don't forget your coolers,- Buy tawilis and maliputo!

_/_/_/

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.,- when you say from Marikina to Infanta,- is it via Famy and then Real to Infanta?

Or some other road route???

Note: A side trip to Caliraya [if you have the time or some other time] is also highly recommended!

Bass Fishing! Yeah!!!

_/_/_/

Famy is the old road to Infanta. There is a relatively newer road. Just go straight Marcos Hiway until Tanay. Turn left to Shell Junction on the way to Regina Rica and Camp Capinpin. From there it's just straight road to Sta Maria Laguna-infanta Quezon.

But again as posted above, bridge hasn't been repaired yet so no four-wheel vehicles yet to Infanta.

HTH

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

And the winding road down to Taal Lake! Surreal! Yeah!!!

Don't forget your coolers,- Buy tawilis and maliputo!

_/_/_/

Ingat lang sa bikers, i prefer going up there, then going down via, palace, cassili(marcos mansion), canlubang golf, nuvali, then razons halo halo

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Best road trips for the family