New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Have you found your ultimate driving road in Luzon?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 80.00%
  • No

2 10.00%
  • My car doesn't break 100 kph!!

2 10.00%
  • I always obey the speeding law of 40kph at all times.

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This question is something like a spin off from the show TOP GEAR where the three hosts go out in three super cars and find the ultimate driving road in Britain.

So here is the question, if you have a fast car, where can you find the ultimate driving road in the island of Luzon?

It would mean the road should be maintained (no potholes, etc), minimal traffic (so you don't have to slow down or get into a nasty accident), has nice curving stretches of road which you can take a moderately higher speeds, a great view of the countryside (but not a real requirement) and it should go on for kilometers and kilometers.

------------------

minor correction: the TOP GEAR best roads episode was Best Driving Road in the World and it was found somewhere in continental europe.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 30th, 2007 at 08:17 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So far, for me the closest I have gotten to it was driving on the Star Tollway. Even then, the occasional car/van on the road with me forces me to slow down a bit when I pass them by.

There is another section of road, from Tagaytay to Nasugbu. If you are early enough to avoid the traffic and other cars on that stretch of road, it can be an enjoyable drive at more moderate speeds but in third and fourth gear. Unfortunately you still have to watch out for the occasional tricycle and jeep puttering by.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 29th, 2007 at 04:48 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    In my experience, the STAR Tollway, because of it's hilly locale, has several bumpy stretches. This was sometime 2004. I don't know the situation today.

Hilly roads made of concrete with no asphalt overlay tend to be bumpy because of the difficulty of pouring concrete on downhill surfaces. Wet asphalt is easier to control while pouring as it is more viscous.

AFAIK, my 2 best drives, so far, are the road to Batangas starting from Evercrest and the road to Infanta, Quezon. Beautiful cabriolet-required drives.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    There is another section of road, from Tagaytay to Nasugbu. .
    San po ito? Baka makapag shortcut kasi ako from Talisay para mapalapit sa Nasugbo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    well based on the criteria above I'd say its the stretch of the national highway from sta elena camarines norte to sipocot camarines sur.. its the stretch of road after the entrance of quirino highway in camarines norte to the exit of quirino highway at camarines sur.. its approximately 110 kms of mixed mountain passes (sta elena to labo cam norte), long straights (labo to basud cam norte) and rolling hills (basud cam norte to sipocot cam sur) the roads are well maintained and traffic are from mid to almost none due to the quirino highway diverting traffic of heavy trucks, buses and almost all of the traffic going to southern philippines..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    There is another section of road, from Tagaytay to Nasugbu. If you are early enough to avoid the traffic and other cars on that stretch of road, it can be an enjoyable drive at more moderate speeds but in third and fourth gear. Unfortunately you still have to watch out for the occasional tricycle and jeep puttering by.
    nadadaanan ko tong daan na to everyweenend pag pumupunta ako PF. sarap drive dito. ahehehe! yun na nga you have to watch out for the occasional tricycle and crossing pedestrians and minsan basketballs. ahehehe!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    nadadaanan ko tong daan na to everyweenend pag pumupunta ako PF. sarap drive dito. ahehehe! yun na nga you have to watch out for the occasional tricycle and crossing pedestrians and minsan basketballs. ahehehe!
    yep great asphalt road here... umabot ako 140kph dun sa straights but i have to brake to 80-90 for the turns... kakatakot ksi may bigla tumatawid kaya hinay hinay lang tlga. all windows open pati moonroof + good weather .. driving nirvana.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    The stretch of highway in Pagudpud, well paved roads and spectacular scenery.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    tuguegarao to claveria, cagayan ansarap magpatakbo diyan may mga parteng matao din pero hindi naman kahabaan.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    maganda din yata sa me papuntang 100 island.sa zual banda yon.malapad ang daan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Best Driving Road in the island Luzon ???