New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    How about butch gamboa? Nag reeview pa rin haha. Legend! If I'm not mistaken since 1987 pa sila wala pa internet

dinosaur na yan. i stumbled upon one of his recent vids. wtf parang 80's ang dating, pero 2017 car

4:3 format hindi widescreen, tapos interlaced pa

2. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Not about reviews, pero mga article ng topgear napakawalang kwenta. Basta may maipost lang. Ang daming articles per day pero mga walang laman

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk
    Kahit video review, nakaka antok. Parang tinatamad silang lahat mag review

Sa facebook page naman, laging recycled article ang pino post

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    bakit nandito to sa goon squad?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    bakit nandito to sa goon squad?
    good Q Best car reviewer in the Philippines?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    "because someone has to be blamed for the bad cars on the road?"
    heh heh heh. (extra heh).

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    This!

I enjoy watching foreign car reviews especially comparison ones as they really show you the pros and cons for each model that they review. And not just one aspect like performance or handling, but all the other stuff that the regular consumer would be interested to know about.
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I agree that user-reviews are very useful, but personally I take forum inputs with a grain of salt. I always look for two things - content and credibility.

I have read through countless posts of owners that appear more like justifications of their purchase rather than an unbiased review. It's natural to "love your own" after all.

There are also a lot of posts praising their car as the best in a particular aspect (ride comfort, power, etc) without having broad experience driving the other cars in the market yet. I am more inclined to trust the review of someone who's owned and driven different cars rather than a first-time car owner who only has his car and a few test drives of others as reference. Basically - not all user reviews are credible for me.

It takes effort to sift through which posts are useful - hopefully people apply critical thinking before heeding advice here in the forum and most especially in the FB groups.

As for car reviewers - it gets really frustrating when you can get candid Clarkson-esque reviews from other countries and then find only safe, overly politically-correct reviews locally.

But I've seen the other side of the fence and the reality in the local motoring media world is that if you want to stay relevant and get invited for reviews and events, you have to be careful about ruffling feathers.

As a culture, we are far less open to straight talk than the west. Most Filipinos (and other Asians in general) would always sugarcoat negative feedback to a friend or colleague in fear of offending them. That's how it is with auto journalists and their friends in the motoring industry too.

Bottomline - when looking for car reviews, it helps to go through the entire plethora of user reviews, local auto sites, and foreign media as well. Critical thinking and reading comprehension is key to form a sound decision from these sources.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I enjoy watching John Cadogan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    When i was deciding on which midsize suv/ppv to get last year, i have read & watch a lot of reviews and comparisons form TGP, Autoindustriya, Car guide.ph, autodeal even australian & indian reviews.

but what influence me greatly in making my decision was the reviews here in Tsikot, reviews & experiences from actual owners positive & negative, i remember reading reviews, post & comments from Sir Yebo, Sir Minicarph, Sir Jut, and even kagalingan they gave a lot of helpful info in making my decision,

that and i also test driven the cars in my list as suggested here by most tsikoteers which in turn gave me the final decision.

and upto now Im still happy with my choice, i know that i made the right choice

so to answer the TS the best car reviewer in the Philippines is Tsikot, all is here

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I enjoy watching John Cadogan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    his shytsville stuff is downright good. next vehicle will probably be based on his recent recommendation.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Driven by Tom Voelk is also ok ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast