New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Tsikot Tsips!

Bago oto ko, pero di ba ironic na mag maintain sa kasa ng sasakyan, knowing na alam mo na wala pa masyado problema ang oto dahil "brand new". Is it ok to have the car serviced sa auto shops, and use "approved replacements" such as oils, filters and belts. Toyota ang sasakyan ko, marami naman mabibili sa labas na orig parts, on a lesser price than casa.

I plan to have my car serviced sa casa up to its 20t kms (all problems must've been known by then) and after that gas stations and service shops na lang. Critical services na lang ulit sa casa. Medyo matagal ang 100t kms or 3 years na puro kasa lang ang maintenance, di ba?

Di ba ma void ang warranty, as long as I use their "approved" oils and replacements, and if something goes wrong, I can show them receipts on these items?

Your valuable thoughts and contributions can help peeps who doesnt want to be tied to high price casa maintenance.

Thanks!

Mabuhay ang Tsikot!!!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ang alam ko 3 years ka na nakatali sa casa dahil sa warranty nila. kapag sa labas ka nag pagawa eh may grounds sila na ivoid ang warranty.

ang downside lang eh baboy nila trumabaho tapos ang mahal pa ng singil

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    just to be on the safe side incase may warranty claim ka later on mas ok if pagtyagaan nalang muna yung casa sa mga pms.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    good pm.. as i have known basta approved yung mga ginamit mo like the oil e you can still negotiate for a warranty claim.. medyo mahaba lang ang brasohan. if they void the warranty, you can ask them to provide you letter or better off ikaw ang gumawa and ask their service manager to signed.

Ofcourse they would not encourage you to service outside because mawawalan sila ng kita...

we are on same boat pare.. ako after 10K pms sa labas na lang ako.. nakakapili pa ako ng oils or i buy original parts for my ride at a reasonable price.. di gaya sa kanila normally taga talaga......

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in my experience, contesting warranty limitations with the casa really end up futile. you will just lose at the end.

so para wala ng extra effort (imagine, maintenance lang, may effort pa....), wait until the end of the warranty period... OR,

you can make computations....

if the money you've saved by getting your car to be maintained outside the casa is more than the amount that you will be spending, for let's say, parts and services not covered by warranty, then go for it.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; July 25th, 2007 at 04:58 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    in my experience, contesting warranty limitations with the casa really end up futile. you will just lose at the end.

so para wala ng extra effort (imagine, maintenance lang, may effort pa....), wait until the end of the warranty period... OR,

you can make computations....

if the money you've saved by getting your car to be maintained outside the casa is more than the amount that you will be spending, for let's say, parts and services not covered by warranty, then go for it.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>agree,My 07 Innova is casa maintained.96 Sentra S3 in maintained by only 1 mechanic working in Nissan plantin Sta. Rosa, Laguna.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I don't know how it is with Toyota, pero with Mitsu's Diamond Motors, they encourage you to have everything done in-house. Kahit sa kanila na yung labor, ni ayaw nilang magdala ka ng sarili mong mga piyesa, even if they're genuine parts; they slap a 20% surcharge on parts brought by the customer, and they offer no labor warranty on the installation of those parts. Gusto nila sa kanila mo na bibilhin yung piyesa.

So for the duration of my vehicle's warranty, kadalasan yung pagpalit (oil change, fuel/air filter change) sa Shell ko pinapagawa, with Banawe-bought parts. Ball joint replacement, sa Goodyear Servitek, with components bought from El Dorado. Aircon cleaning, courtesy of Mang Mario, way more affordable. All in all, PMS lang talaga ang pinupuntahan ko sa casa. Once lang ako naka-miss, on my 30,000km PMS; nagpa-home service na lang ako dun sa kakilala naming Mitsubishi mechanic.

My warranty's expiring by the end of the month, so I'm now free to explore other shops for my future maintenance schedules.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; July 25th, 2007 at 05:52 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    for me nung warranty pa (which was 2 yrs) sa casa ang maintenance. after that sa trusted shop ko na lang. medyo nakakapang hinayang ala naman kasi nasira sa auto ko within 2 yrs pero i was playing it safe despite the huge difference in price. anyway until 15k PMS lang ako sa casa, 20k sa labas na since natapos na yung warranty

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I don't know how it is with Toyota, pero with Mitsu's Diamond Motors, they encourage you to have everything done in-house. Kahit sa kanila na yung labor, ni ayaw nilang magdala ka ng sarili mong mga piyesa, even if they're genuine parts; they slap a 20% surcharge on parts brought by the customer, and they offer no labor warranty on the installation of those parts. Gusto nila sa kanila mo na bibilhin yung piyesa.

So for the duration of my vehicle's warranty, kadalasan yung pagpalit (oil change, fuel/air filter change) sa Shell ko pinapagawa, with Banawe-bought parts. Ball joint replacement, sa Goodyear Servitek, with components bought from El Dorado. Aircon cleaning, courtesy of Mang Mario, way more affordable. All in all, PMS lang talaga ang pinupuntahan ko sa casa. Once lang ako naka-miss, on my 30,000km PMS; nagpa-home service na lang ako dun sa kakilala naming Mitsubishi mechanic.

My warranty's expiring by the end of the month, so I'm now free to explore other shops for my future maintenance schedules.
    Sir Boogeyman,

Pardon my ignorance, pero how are things done that way? Toyota requires a service every 5t kms. During this period, dapat na magpalit ng oil sometimes filters and sparkplugs coincide din? Checking lang ang sa casa, at ang replacement ng parts sa labas?

Thanks!

OT: pag nagpalit ba ako ng IRIDIUM sparkplugs, ma void din ba ang warranty? (dahil di na papalitan ng toyota every now and then, kaunti ang kita nila for service:rant

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You need to have the PMS done at the casa to enjoy full warranty support.

However, only the items detailed in the owner's manual are what should be done. Some casas 'pad' the PMS list with oil flushes, extra lubricants, injector cleaner, brake cleaner, etc. All items not called for in the vehicle PMS schedule in your owner's manual and are being sold at exhorbitant prices. So always be a wary consumer and insist that only items called for should be done (I print out a list based on the owner's manual and that's what I give to the service dept).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Auto Shops o Kasa Maintenance