New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Need tips po..kasi budget ko mga 150k-200k Ive been seeing something like this in the market... My choices are either HOnda ESI or Nissan Sentra Fe...eto po mga questions ko...

1.Bakit ang mura ng mga Nissan Sentra Fe..Ok ba sya? If your an owner please let me know or if you know anything about this...ok ba takbo?maintenance?
    -On HOnda ESI whats a good average price iba iba kasi ang layo ng difference yung iba 200k yung iba 150k eh same year lang naman 1995...

2. Do you guys know any car lots sa south pref near sucat and alabang... is it adviceable to buy sa mga car lots selling used cars or from owners? If ever first time ko po kasi to...

3. How much are the paper work and how tidious is it? Like how long are the transfers of paper for changing owners... what are the steps?

4. For insurances how much for second hand cars say for like honda or lancer year 95-97 how much po...?

If you can help me super thankful ako.. sorry for all the questions..and if you have any leads or links to these questions super appreciate it..thanks..

will ask more questions as the needs arise.. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by workaholic View Post
    Need tips po..kasi budget ko mga 150k-200k Ive been seeing something like this in the market... My choices are either HOnda ESI or Nissan Sentra Fe...eto po mga questions ko...

1.Bakit ang mura ng mga Nissan Sentra Fe..Ok ba sya? If your an owner please let me know or if you know anything about this...ok ba takbo?maintenance?

-On HOnda ESI whats a good average price iba iba kasi ang layo ng difference yung iba 200k yung iba 150k eh same year lang naman 1995...
    Nissans generally have lower resale price values than other cars here in the Philippines. Reason, because of wrong thinking and reasoning because of previous experiences with the older models of Nissans. Naging problematic cars kasi yung mga circa 1985 na Sentra na box type cars kaya ganun. Generally, Nissan Sentras specially current and 2000-up models are really ok.

Yung Honda ESI, anong exact year yung model nya? probably mga 1994-1996 ata yan. Its a little bit old compared to the Sentra FE, so it means, more problems.

2. Do you guys know any car lots sa south pref near sucat and alabang... is it adviceable to buy sa mga car lots selling used cars or from owners? If ever first time ko po kasi to...
    really dont advise you to get a car from mga car lots dyan specially sa south. Ang only reputable second hand lot dyan is yung sa may Alabang Town Center (i just forgot the name).

3. How much are the paper work and how tidious is it? Like how long are the transfers of paper for changing owners... what are the steps?
    No exact amount from the paper work, but if i am to assume na transfer of ownership lang, aabutin ka ng mga 2k lang.... And it is very tedious. Just look for the thread here (sa Car Talk) on the details of the procedures.

4. For insurances how much for second hand cars say for like honda or lancer year 95-97 how much po...?
    Some insurance companies don't insure cars older than 10 years but there are some small companies that does. For a 97 model, on a comprehensive insurance, malamang mahal. Siguro from the range of 6-10k, depending on the insurance company.

If you can help me super thankful ako.. sorry for all the questions..and if you have any leads or links to these questions super appreciate it..thanks..

will ask more questions as the needs arise.. thanks.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 5th, 2007 at 09:20 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung Nissan FE ay hindi naka power window and power lock and it also has a smaller engine (1.3L) and lahat model nito ay Manual transmission.

Sa tingin ko sa 150-200k budget ay Nissan lang ang pwede mong kunin na pwede pang pumasok sa comprehensive insurance.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: thanks gh for editing... di ko alam pano ginagawa yan eh....

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    go for the ESI

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The ESi is a decent car, but it's smaller than the Sentra FE in terms of room, and at its age, it's kind of overpriced. If you can get one for under 150k, okay, as long as it doesn't have rust.

Possible problems with the ESi include cracked radiators and radiator hoses (due primarily to age) and rear fender rust and roof rust, as well as paint problems. This is because Civics of this era had poor rustproofing (same problem with the Honda City Type Z). As long as the body is okay, it's a decent buy, but there might be other less common problems that can crop up in a car that old.

The Sentra FE lacks top end power, but it has short gearing, so it's quick in city traffic. There are no stock power accessories, so it's bare, but that means that there are few things that can break.

Common problems include:
    -poor fuel consumption if the carburator is dirty. You have to clean it every 10,000 kilometers or so, or whenever it feels like it's losing power.
    -an expensive airconditioner compressor. Expensive to replace if it breaks, but compressors generally are. The upside is the aircon is very cold. Poor fuel consumption can also be traced to aircon use/problems.

Other than that, it's a relatively painless car to own, and driven right, should be very fuel efficient and practical.

I prefer the Sentra FE, personally, it's a much better commuter car (this is from experience, I used to own one, and my cousin had a 95 Civic LXi).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2005

Php 170-180K would be a good price for a well maintained car with genuine low mileage. We sold our '95 ESI last year for 195K w/ only 56,xxx Kms, last Jan '06.

If you have time to wait and hunt, buying straight from the owners is always advisable.

Browse thru Manila Bulletin's Classified Ads, Buy and Sell Magazine (http://www.buyandsellph.com/) , or the Car Finder (http://tsikot.yehey.com/auto-classifieds/index.php)

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Possible problems with the ESi include cracked radiators and radiator hoses (due primarily to age) and rear fender rust and roof rust, as well as paint problems. This is because Civics of this era had poor rustproofing (same problem with the Honda City Type Z). As long as the body is okay, it's a decent buy, but there might be other less common problems that can crop up in a car that old.
    Our '93 ESI had a defective rusty roof that needed, thankfully this did not manifest in our '95 ESI. Aside from that, there were no other rust issues with both our ESI(s).

The '95 had a cracked radiator (top fiber glass portion only) after ten years. The '93 had a leak somewhere that constantly drained the reservoir tank.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Go for the ESi !

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks im going to be viewing one of the nissan fe posted here this afternoon..from your comments mukang same o same o obviously at that price both will need a lot of caring and maintenance work ..like I said this will be my first car if ever so hopefully makakuha ako good deal..thanks all..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hello,

I would like to share my experience, i recently bought a 2nd hand 95 honda esi matic, after few days of using it, i encountered many problems, overheating, radiator leaks, cylinders problem. it caused me a lot of headache. good thing i was able to exchange the car with a Nissan Sentra Super Saloon Series 3 matic. i've been using it for more than a week now and i'm not yet experiencing majore problems.

Caution lang. you need to check and double check the cars specially on the ESI. need to check the engine, computer box etc.

Auto Questions from a Girl