New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thrash a Ferrari?! Nakakahinayang.

If GMA knows that auctioning off only makes favors smugglers, I guess the bitter pill of wrecking it will have to be taken.

I wanna see GMA on top of the car on skirt, heels, and with a sledgehammer . And vent her frustrations on the metal.

Or bring it to the firing range so the soldiers will have fun at something to shoot at.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is stupid. so basically she is conceding that she has absolutely no control over her Customs bureau...that she thinks the cars will just be returned to the criminals.

it costs money to run a smuggling interdiction program. tapos sasayangin lang nila yung assets na pedeng pambawi sa gastos ng taxpayer

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    if pa-auction yan did it serve the purpose?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    i auction sa ebay...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cc81352 View Post
    http://www.gmanews.tv/story/55468/Ar...cars-destroyed

President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo ordered on Friday night the destruction of smuggled luxury vehicles intercepted recently by the Presidential Anti-Smuggling Task Force (PASTF).

Presidential chief of staff Cerge Remonde said Saturday the move aims to send a “strong message" to smugglers that the government is serious against smuggling.

“Gusto niya ipa-destroy talaga para message will be strong. Maybe next week when the president visits Clark. That’s what we discussed last night (She wants the cars destroyed so the message against smugglers will be strong. Maybe we’ll push through with it next week when the president visits Clark. That’s what we discussed last night)," Remonde said in an interview on government-run dzRB radio.

He said the cars to be destroyed include expensive sports cars from Europe such as Lamborghini and Porsche.....................
    sayang pero tama. kesa naman kung sino sinong buwaya makinabang. pero sana pa test drive muna sakin bago warakin!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    why destroy the cars? walang kamalit-malit mga yun, dapat yung mga smugglers ang sirain. kung gagawing pera ang mga luxury cars, malaki ang maitutulong nun pangpondo sa mga government programs.
    i don't think it's the best way to stop smuggling.

pag nahuli pala sisirain lang. dapat ikulong ng habambuhay ang mga smugglers.
    kulang tayo sa implementation ng batas.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Auction, Then donate the proceeds to Charity. Sayang lang pera if they destroy it.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pa-pogi lang yung kunwaring ipapa-destroy na lang yung sasakyan...ibenta na lang, tapos yung proceeds ibigay sa charity (pwera lang FG Foundation or Erap Foundation).

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I-auction na lang yan and donate the money to Gawad Kalinga....

Pwede din sunugin ang mga smuggled cars kasama yung mga smugglers!

pag pina auction smugglers din daw bibili kaya utos ni madam destroy na lang..

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Arroyo orders destruction of smuggled cars