New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Dunno if this the right section for my query, mods pakimove nalang kung mali. Thanks!
    Anu ba meaning nun PCD sa mags? anu rin un sinasabing off set?
    Saka, if my mags are 15" at meron tires na 195/60, pede ko ba palitan un tires ng ibang sukat, basta 15" pa rin?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    PCD = Pitch Circle Diameter. It is the diameter of the bolt circle. In a 4-bolt configuration, this refers to the distance between the center of two diametrically opposite bolts (i.e. distance between bolt #1 and bolt #4).

Offset = The distance from the mounting surface to the rim's true centerline. A positive offset means the wheel is front of the mounting surface, closer to the center of the fender; a negative offset means the wheel is away from the mounting surface and projecting from the fender.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; April 2nd, 2007 at 04:37 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pede mong palitan any tire...kung di ka magpapalit ng mags/rim then dapat 15" pa rin ang diameter the same and ideally the outer diameter of tire should be almost the same as the stock.

pedeng ring smaller outer diameter (OD) walang possible problem pero unless lowered and auto mo parang weird yun. kung bigger naman baka sumayad naman sa wheel well.

pede ka ring magpalit ng rim (make it bigger) so automatic palit ka ng tires...dito naman dapat halos same din ang OD ng new tires mo para walang major problem sa wheel well fit and of course same PCD as your current rims/mags.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    yan medyo malinaw na...thanks mga chief!!
    so pede ko palitan ang tires as long as its the same diameter, 15" for my case, and 195/55. dati kasing 195/60.
    pede din ba sa galant 7G ang mas malapad sa 195? anu ba ang PCD value ng galant 7G?
    salamat ulit!!
    :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes pwede sa galant mas malapad. gamit ko 225/45/17 na tires. basta tama offset, pwede mas malapad. +43 ata yung sa galant.

etong nasa liteace ko, anu ang PCD nito..

pareho da feroza siguro

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jing View Post
    Dunno if this the right section for my query, mods pakimove nalang kung mali. Thanks!
    Saka, if my mags are 15" at meron tires na 195/60, pede ko ba palitan un tires ng ibang sukat, basta 15" pa rin?
    Thanks in advance!
    PCD - the diameter of the invisible circle formed by scribing a circle that passes through the centre point of each mounting hole

OFFSET - the distance in mm between the centre line of the wheel rim, and the line through the fixing face. You can have inset, outset or neither. This determines how the suspension and self-centring steering behave. The most obvious problem that will occur if you get it wrong is that the steering will either become so heavy that you can't turn the car, or so light that you need to spend all your time keeping the bugger in a straight line. More mundane problems through ignoring this measurement can range from wheels that foul parts of the bodywork or suspension, to high-speed judder in the steering because the suspension setup can't handle that particular type of wheel. This figure will be stamped on the wheel somewhere as an ET figure.
    No offset

Inset

Outset

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jing View Post
    Thanks in advance!
    the ET figure:

Anu ba meaning nun PCD?