New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano uunahin nyo?

ung plano nyong gwin sa kotse nyo (setup)

or ung kailangan palitan?

kasi in my case...ung car ko due na for shocks and bushings replacement....pero i have a plan for my car kaya ko pinagiipunan..im just a student so matagal tlga ako makaipon...do i still have to be the one who will pay sa car maintainance?kasi my parents still have some expenses...(tuition fee, house expenses, still paying for our car etc.)....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    syempre yung papalitan , you need to keep the car running at saka ipon ulit
    and make sure to really take extra good care on it para pag ready ka na mag modify,
    hinde na mapunta ulit sa iba ang pinagipunan mo .

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    given you are limited to a budget, I suggest you keep your mods to nil. Just maintain the car as is. If you want, maybe mag wheels but keep engine stock so fuel economy will not be affected.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yeah... mas imp... yung papalitan... baka lumaki pa sira.... ndi lang yun... kung bibili ka ng mags or smtn... may bago pa lalabas na design... unless may sale... hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    second hand market for used mags is pretty wide... with patience, you might find what you want for less.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Basic Maintenance muna

Kasi kung sa Accesories mo dadalhin pera mo baka hindi na tumakbo oto bec of problems

Ako puro stock lang
    kasi kakaiba na itsura ng ECHOlangot ko eh
    ehehehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    id go for a good set of wheels and i/h/e lang(if i can just turn back time :mrgreen... keep it simple.. imo, modifying your car is more like a picking up a rock and pounding it against your head :lol:

its too late for me.. save your self! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    like you i have a limited budget too.

repairs. repairs. repairs. are the first on my list. how am i supposed to enjoy the mods i put in if something is always wrong with the car (i.e. kalampag here, kalampag there, hard starting, etc.).

after repairs comes maintenance. if you don't maintain, things get broken. then you go back to stage 1 ... repairs. repairs. repairs.

within these set limitations, set aside some money for mods. i'd probably get the ones i really really want first. want, but realistic. so i'd go for the better-than-stock whatever is possible (i.e. sound system, wheels, i/h/e, etc.).

after which can come what i call, "luxury". a new paintjob maybe. some real leather. an LCD monitor with DVD player ... things that aren't really necessary (that's why i call them "luxuries"). it's all up to you though. but i'd still give priority to repair and maintenance.

right now, i have a set of wheels stock at home (no tyres). i can afford to buy the tires and mount them to give me better stance, aftermarket rims are always better than stock -i say- BUT ... i need to replace my shocks and bushings too. both would cost the same.

so ... i go for the shocks and bushings first.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    M,

You hit the nail right on the head. Couldn't have been said any better.
    Priorities in order of importance:

1. repairs
    2. maintenance
    3. mods - to improve performance
    4. mods - nice to have

8) 8) 8)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama sila, repairs and basic maintenance muna unahin mo.

Mas maigi kung di ka hihingi sa parents mo ng pang maintenance ng oto mo. On my first car, gustong-gusto ko agad ng mga mods na pang improve ng looks. Pero I realized, what's the use of nice looking car kung ititirik ka naman sa daan.

Maintenance muna Pre, you will never regret it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ano uunahin nyo?