New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    just wondering out loud...does the air inside the cabin get vented outside somehow? iniisip ko kasi, won't there be significant CO2 buildup within the cabin on long drives? and, well, kung medyo nagcollect na ng air sa loob...won't it be harder for the aircon/blower to pump in more air?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yes, it gets vented out. Hindi naman 100% air-tight ang cabin ng mga automobiles.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yan ang problema ng kotse ko ngayon. pag naka OFF yung circulation ( the air should circulate from outside)... pero ang nangyayari ay halos nawawala na yung FAN nya. Pero pag naka ON ay OK naman sya.

But I think kahit na ON ang circulation ay OK lang yan sa long drive.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Whether your air circulation is ON or on VENT, the car isn't airtight. Otherwise, you'd suffocate within an hour. :lol:

That's why you can still smell the stink of Manila bay at Blue Wave in Macapagal, even with the windows closed...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it is just like your window aircon at home, kahit walang vent or closed ang vent, it sucks in air from the outside. opening the vent simply closes the recirculate port and all the air comes from outside. with the vent closed there is still a small opening for outside air to come in. the cabin is not completely sealed so excess air can go out.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron vent sa bandang likod ng mga cars. para hindi mabasag mga eardrums ng mga nakasakay sa loob whenever the doors are closed.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yap sa likod that's true as a means to balance the atmospheric pressure especially on new cars with still very tight door seals, moreso this is also for air source kaya nga may filter din ito and for some auv's I know like Isuzu may blower fan pa para maganda circulation ng air sa loob. Yung vent sa dash kung meron nun, you need to open it once in a while during long drives to allow more fresh air to circulate inside then close it again para di hirap yung aircon to cool the air inside. Kung wala naman nun, make a small window opening pa-minsan minsan.

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    yeah, may vent sa trunk. i found this out when i put an andoks chicken in there. and within minutes, the entire cabin smelled of roast chicken!

now i put my car freshener in the trunk! this way the cabin is not overwhelmed by the scent when parked too long. mag circulate lang ung scent pag on ng AC.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    is there a vent from the trunk goin to the outside? from inside of the car to the trunk its basicaly open conection.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, there is a vent to the atmosphere via the trunk. It's those big plastic grilles on the sides when you take the rear bumper off.

On some vehicles like the Urvan Escapade, early L200, GEN I Pajero and a host of other models, the vent to the atmosphere is a styling element integrated onto the C or D-pillar.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
air circulation in cars