New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    mga sir,

tanung lang po kasi ill be driving my tita car/auv which is diesel fed and i have been driving a gas fed car since natuto ako magdrive.

any things to look out for?/tips how to drive it?mga points na dapat ko tandaan when driving?starting?

hehehe para di naman kahit paano di ako masyado engots hahahahaha

salamat po

torque difference.....mas maaga naatain ng diesel ang maximum torque..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    mga sir,

tanung lang po kasi ill be driving my tita car/auv which is diesel fed and i have been driving a gas fed car since natuto ako magdrive.

any things to look out for?/tips how to drive it?mga points na dapat ko tandaan when driving?starting?

hehehe para di naman kahit paano di ako masyado engots hahahahaha

salamat po
    It drives like a typical car. No magic. The different is that you get more torque from the engine so you might be able to shift to a higher gear much earlier than expected. Also since it's a diesel, the revs don't go as high.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    1)laging mo i heater ,wag start ng start especially kung cold engine pa2) baka masanay ka na laging unleaded ang pinapakarga3)wag mo hahanapin ang tahimik at bilis ng gas engine sa diesel engine

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    maybe you could give more details about what you're going to drive (make and model, type of tranny, etc.)

if it's a naturally aspirated, non-Crdi vehicle, you'd probably find it abit sluggish compared to a petrol car

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    maybe you could give more details about what you're going to drive (make and model, type of tranny, etc.)

if it's a naturally aspirated, non-Crdi vehicle, you'd probably find it abit sluggish compared to a petrol car
    diesel engines doesn't have the speed of gas fed vehicles, so in overtaking, carefully calculate your speed and time availableand distance of the car aproaching

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    mga sir,

salamat po sa inputs nyo , actually yun po pagdating sa pagiistart po me tsetsekin pa ?kasi di ba yung diesel e walang spark plugs gaya ng gas fed? syempre mga oils ,air, tsaka water dapat tsek talaga to e hehehe.

sir aga ,hehehehe oo nga pala baka unleaded mapakarga ko no? tsaka yun po start ng start ,ano po yng heater?ibig sabihin dapat pala if konting wait lang e idle na lang ,?tama ba sir?

di ko sure kung xwind o advie yata yun ,

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Look out while filling in the gas station. Diesel po full tank

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    During morning cold start lang nman needed ang heater. For the rest of the day you can start it like an ordinary gas fed engine.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    mga sir,

sir aga ,hehehehe oo nga pala baka unleaded mapakarga ko no? tsaka yun po start ng start ,ano po yng heater?ibig sabihin dapat pala if konting wait lang e idle na lang ,?tama ba sir?
    Pag linagay mo yung susi sa "ON", mayroong glowplug indicator na iilaw

glowplug

Antayin mo muna mawala yung indicator bago mo istart, lalo na sa umaga.

Just check the manual for the recommended engine oil viscosities. Regarding whether to use synthetic oil or mineral oil, personally I use mineral oil and have an oil change every 5000 km (I have a non-Crdi, non-turbocharged diesel, same as the adventure/crosswind). Due to the quality of the diesel available here in our country, the oil's already black when you get home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
1st time driving a diesel car ,what things to look out?