New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I am restomoding my brother's 1969 Mustang fastback simultaneously with my Eleanor.

It is currently sporting a plane Jane 302 4 barrel engine as seen from the picture below.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/81856035*N00/391856551/

Below is a set-up I am working on to replace the engine. The new set-up will have a 2 barrel Cleveland head and a custombuilt intake manifold. The Cleveland head has been modified to accept the 302 block. This is called a "CLEVOR". It is the base of the BOSS engine.The intake manifold is a Hi-rise, open plenum, air-gap design. I personally fabricated the manifold from scratch. This conversion manifold has been out of production for a long time from the US market. So, my only option is to make one. As for the Cleveland heads, it has to be drilled to accept the intake manifold water passage and head-manifold water passage, and two of the heads water port has to be closed-shut.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/8185603...n/photostream/

Below is the old power steering unit(for sale), and the Dodge Intrepid Rack and Pinion unit that will replace it. This is the best unit(same as Unique Performance) for a V8 because of the large tie rods that will turn large tires!

Below is the 13" cross-drilled, slotted, and ventilated front rotors. It will be stopped by a 4 piston caliper from a Lincoln Continental.

Down rear has a 9" 3.5 gear to be stopped by 11" cross-drilled, slotted, and ventilated rear rotors. to be stopped by 2 piston caliper from a Granada.

The engine will have a set of 10:1 Clevor pistons, 280 roller cam and lifters, 780 Spread bore dual pumper Holley. Mallory Unilite distributor, Mallory hyfire and coil will take care of the ignition.

Tires are 225/50/17 front and 255/40/17 rear.

The car will have front and rear spoilers, new set of chrome moulding and chrome grill surround.

Interior will be restomoded to a 2 seater.
    Last edited by turbo; February 16th, 2007 at 05:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The Clevor engine is a 302/351 Windsor engine that is topped -off with a set of Cleveland heads(2V or 4V).

For the street, the 2V version of the Cleveland head is best(this is what I am using for my brother's FB). Using the 4V on the street will be sluggish, because the intake/exhaust runners and valves are so huge that the air velocity slows down that the fuel separates from the air. If you are to use a 4V head, have your rotating assembly balanced and instal 4 bolt main caps. Kasi a BOSS clone with 4 V must hit 9000rpm for maximum efficiency.

Use also dampened valve springs because 9000rpm will disfigure a valve spring.

The regular 302 pistons will not do because the valve reliefs are in different position. The large 2v head valves are in splayed arrangement.

The 4 bolt main caps are necessary for the 9000 rpm runs(kala nyo Honda lang ang may kaya ng 9000rpm, 1960's pa ginagawa na ng Muscle cars, push rod engine pa!).

Dual point distributor pa ang gamit ng Boss, Mallory Unilite ang gagamitin ko.

All in all, simply lang ang gagawin ko sa FB ng kapatid ko.
    Last edited by turbo; February 16th, 2007 at 05:49 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Salamat Kuya!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hi Bunny!

Kamusta na Mustang mo?

Meron akong bagong dating na alternator. Mataas ng konti sa rating mo. Hehe.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Newly painted. Still candy apple red. New weatherstrip (the whole car!).

I'm broke but happy.

Aircon na lang problem. Di na malamig. Kaya mo ba?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Yung pinsan ko ang gumagawa ng A/C.

Mahusay naman, inayos yung 350SL ko dati, malamig!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mr. Turbo! Idol!!! ang galing mo naman sa kotse... where did you learn all that sir?

sana post ka naman pic nang mustang mo pag tapos na...

sana matuto din ako nyan.... nagkakarera ka ba boss?

panay EFI na kasi inabutan ko... gusto ko din matutunan ang carbs boss

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Zdre,

Malakas lang ang loob ko, kaya nagagawa ko ang gusto ko.

Madali lang ang carburated engines. I you want to learn, you are always welcome here.

Medyo matagal pa matatapos amg FB.

Sa mag nakakaintindi ng EFI ako naiinggit. Di kasi ako sanay sa EFI. Too much electronics and too many complicated things that can go wrong.

Thanks for the complements.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    ganda naman nyan koya turbo and the technical know-how

pa-post din nung buong body nung mustang para mas ma-appreciate!

buti pa si bunny, broke but happy....ako, broke lang...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ok, I will be posting some pictures soon.

The installation of the rack and pinion steering is complete. Took us 3 days to complete it from scratch.

My brother just left for US for a 2 week vacation. As soon as he comes back, I will pull out the 302 for reboring to accept the 0.040" pistons, resurface of the deck, align boring for the 4 bolt main caps.

Then install the roller cam and lifter. The Cleveland heads will be rebuilt with Stainless steel valves and bronze valve guide.

I will do the porting and polishing myself.

Then it will be mounted on an engine stand and run for break in. I am still scouting for a toploader.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
1969 Mustang Fastback