New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by phattboei
    can i get a '94 galant ss for 180K?
    Sure you can. It looks like you already have a bias over this ride. We have a 94 galant ss silver manual. Ganda porma, lakas makina, roomy, sporty, low maintenance but a certified GAS GUZZLER!!! Happy ka na ba sa 4-6 km/l? If you are happy na sa fuel consumption, go for it.

Pero considering your tight budget, I will go for a Nissan because its cheaper and its easier na to buy parts. My service right now is a nissan and it serves me well at 9-10 km/l. As for my innova, I'm only using it for out of town trips during weekends coz talo ako sa city driving at 7-8 km/l while highway driving is 8-9 km/l.

Be practical. Find a car that will serve you well and that which will not drain your pockets because of the price of fuel. Diesel engine vs. Gas? Depends sa frequency ng use mo sa ride. Why? Coz diesel engine cost more and mas marami kakainin na oil at 3 months oil change interval. Sa gas, you can in fact go as seldom as twice a year without any worry. Diesel engines may consume as much as 6 liters of oil. gas engines consume around 4 liters.

Why frequency of use sa pag decide kung gas or diesel? Because sangkatutak na diesel ang dapat mong ma consume bago mo maramdaman ang tipid. Magkano na ba diesel ngayun 32? Gas 35? Difference of 3 pesos. Magkano isang liter ng semi-synthetic oil around P300 na lang for example. This means na you have to buy 200 liters of diesel before you can enjoy the P600 savings.

Gas P35 x 100 liters = P7,000
    Diesel P32 x 100 liters = 6,400
    Difference = 600 (enough to allow you to buy the 2 liters of additional oil.

Anyway, OT na. For a newbie car owner--go for NISSAN.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jimaroquai
    Sure you can. It looks like you already have a bias over this ride. We have a 94 galant ss silver manual. Ganda porma, lakas makina, roomy, sporty, low maintenance but a certified GAS GUZZLER!!! Happy ka na ba sa 4-6 km/l? If you are happy na sa fuel consumption, go for it.

Pero considering your tight budget, I will go for a Nissan because its cheaper and its easier na to buy parts. My service right now is a nissan and it serves me well at 9-10 km/l. As for my innova, I'm only using it for out of town trips during weekends coz talo ako sa city driving at 7-8 km/l while highway driving is 8-9 km/l.

Be practical. Find a car that will serve you well and that which will not drain your pockets because of the price of fuel. Diesel engine vs. Gas? Depends sa frequency ng use mo sa ride. Why? Coz diesel engine cost more and mas marami kakainin na oil at 3 months oil change interval. Sa gas, you can in fact go as seldom as twice a year without any worry. Diesel engines may consume as much as 6 liters of oil. gas engines consume around 4 liters.

Why frequency of use sa pag decide kung gas or diesel? Because sangkatutak na diesel ang dapat mong ma consume bago mo maramdaman ang tipid. Magkano na ba diesel ngayun 32? Gas 35? Difference of 3 pesos. Magkano isang liter ng semi-synthetic oil around P300 na lang for example. This means na you have to buy 200 liters of diesel before you can enjoy the P600 savings.

Gas P35 x 100 liters = P7,000
    Diesel P32 x 100 liters = 6,400
    Difference = 600 (enough to allow you to buy the 2 liters of additional oil.

Anyway, OT na. For a newbie car owner--go for NISSAN.
    nice one..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    holy crap... 4-6km/L ang galant? 2.0 I4 yan or V6?
    and i thought i was having problems... that's exped territory!!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    one thing missing from the discussion is this..
    while it's true diesel fuel and gasoline are very close in price now, IN GENERAL diesel engines are more matipid. a friend of mine was getting like 14km/L out of his 2.5L isuzu pickup. and i believe someone mentioned a crosswind gets 12km/L mixed city and highway.

of course a good part of that is due to the piss-poor horsepower ratings of most diesel engines (it'll take you forever to get to 100km/h, but for city driving it's ideal due to the fat torque band, even though the peak HP is low)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Originally Posted by jimaroquai
    Sure you can. It looks like you already have a bias over this ride. We have a 94 galant ss silver manual. Ganda porma, lakas makina, roomy, sporty, low maintenance but a certified GAS GUZZLER!!! Happy ka na ba sa 4-6 km/l?
    i don't remember my 96 super saloon consuming that much gas...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Very happy with my Altima, within your budget, hanap ka if you like the looks of it.

Galant naman stay away from any AT models... Get MPI if you have to, bad trip yung carb na SS models.

Corona ok din, dunno about bodyparts kung madali.

626 ganda rin, stay away from AT din lakas sa gas.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    also stay away from pre A32 cefiros, the one with the boxtype looks. those are certified gas guzzlers.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Galant naman stay away from any AT models...
    oo nga stay away from a/t super saloons.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BB: Box type na A32?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you ever decide on the familia, visit us sa www.protegetech.org and we'll help you in any way we can ..;)
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
170k?