1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    No Supra?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hmm no Shelby or RS Cosworth.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....that's only according to a few car "experts". i was expecting the E30 M3 to be there too.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    No 2nd gen MR2 like the MR2 Turbo mini-Ferrari lookalike?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... I wish I'd been able to drive a Countach. I've had some seat time in a Corvette, though... sit... turn engine on... blip throttle (brooooom!) and... turn engine off...

But the Countach and the Miura, two of Lambo's classics, were legendarily hard to drive. The Countach was too wide, too low, and you had absolutely no way of seeing where you were going... and it had gear like a truck.

The Miura, on the other hand, had a carburator that would choke at every stoplight, and a battery too small to restart the car more than a few times before giving up the ghost.

The "experts" included the Countach because of the sentimental value, and because of its image. It's also image that made them rate the Miata at number two. If this were a contest judged by experts purely on driving time alone, the Miata should have won, and the Countach would be nowhere to be seen.

Pero sa lahat ng contests regarding driving fun, it's always either Miata-Porsche or Porsche-Miata... the late 993 911 is on my "must-drive-before-I-die" or "must-die-driving" list.
    Last edited by niky; March 15th, 2006 at 11:17 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i'd vote for the 911 as 1. it got the balance, power (although not much compared to Italian Thorougbreds) and handling. then the miata, because of the fun it could create. not much power though, but it will do the job you ask for.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Kelan kaya ako makakamaneho ng Countach tulad ni niky at ni jeanpierre?

Or any car in that list?
    :bwahaha: I wish I did wildthing. Napanood ko lang sya.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Discovery Channel Website
    Nissan Skyline Year 1968 onwards

Power 400 HP
    Engine 4,500 ccm, V8, Biturbo
    Weight 1,400-1,800 kg
    Top speed 260+ km/h
    Rank 9th
    Tama ba specs nito?

Anyway, what the Miata lacked was a pure performance version. Had they had let's say a 250 hp model, much like an S2000 competitor, it would have challenged for 1st place.

The Porsche 911, on the other hand, deserved the top spot I think. It turns 42 this year, and all those years, Porsche spent perfecting it. It's got speed and handling for track days, while giving comfort, fun and driver-friendliness for daily driving.

But on this list, I would have included the E30 M3, with one of the best steering systems in the world, the well-rounded Ferrari F40 supercar, and the performance-for-less Lancer Evolution Series.
    Last edited by squala; March 16th, 2006 at 04:33 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Porsche "There's no Substitute"
    Everything is balance the. power, size, engine, handling and the price.

pero kung ako top 10 ko. (balance ah not sa performance on a track and not in true order kc ang hirap talaga halos lahat yan gusto ko.)
    2.f40
    3.mclaren f1
    4.gullwing 300sl
    5.lambo miura
    6.f60 enzo
    7.corvette stingray 63
    8.shelby cobra
    9.jag e-type
    10.nissan skyline

4 me miata kc parang d sha true sports car. IMO lang naman

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kaya galit na galit sila sa mga japanese because japanese cars are supposed to be no-nonsense, trouble-free, reliable and boring appliances. if they became fun, fast and devastatingly beautiful, what edge would the americans and europeans have? which is practically happening today. guess what the no. 1 motorcycle accrdg to discovery channel is? =)
    Last edited by coiter; March 16th, 2006 at 05:45 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
10 Greatest Ever Sport Car