New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    My only concern is safety. Any reports or reviews we can see online about how it scores with regards to it safety with collisions? Baka pag madisgrasya tayo nito, walang matitira sa kotse. LOL.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by battouter View Post
    My only concern is safety. Any reports or reviews we can see online about how it scores with regards to it safety with collisions? Baka pag madisgrasya tayo nito, walang matitira sa kotse. LOL.
    Well, we have a review here:

http://www.topgear.com.ph//drives/re...ler?ref=latest

As for safety, no forward-control van will meet NCAP requirements. It may be possible for the Traveller to meet Japanese FC-specific crash requirements, since it's basically a Grandia chassis clone, but don't expect it to be as safe as a car.

At least not for the driver.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well, we have a review here:

http://www.topgear.com.ph//drives/re...ler?ref=latest

As for safety, no forward-control van will meet NCAP requirements. It may be possible for the Traveller to meet Japanese FC-specific crash requirements, since it's basically a Grandia chassis clone, but don't expect it to be as safe as a car.

At least not for the driver.
    As for safety. The Japan made GL Grandia only has one airbag for the driver only, while the China made Traveller has 2 airbags. One for the driver and one for the passenger as well. Talk about getting your money's worth. Can't really understand why Toyota didn't make one airbag for the passenger considering it's price tag.

airbag.jpg

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Had a chance to test drive a new unit at Balintawak branch last Monday. And my thoughts are pretty much the same as the reviews of many who have tried. Sitting at the driver seat is really nice and you have a great front view and a wide one on both side view mirrors. The first thing I noticed was the very quiet interior once we all shut the doors. I think the van is well insulated. It is Big and beautiful. Dash controls are simple and the aircon could really knock you out nicely. Clutch and shifting is still quite stiff maybe because it is still new. But I like the small clearance on its shifting. Gives less stress on that part. The van rides smoothly when we were still on the rough spots of A.Bonifacio. This was considering we were only 5 in the van. Rides nicely. They allowed me to take it from Balintawak til Marilao exit. Then I got the chance to go faster when we got past the toll both. I liked the engine acceleration response. You definitely have enough horsepower you'll need. This van is gaining a lot of points for me. All I need is it's assurance of parts availability outside the casa.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by danrd View Post
    Had a chance to test drive a new unit at Balintawak branch last Monday. And my thoughts are pretty much the same as the reviews of many who have tried. Sitting at the driver seat is really nice and you have a great front view and a wide one on both side view mirrors. The first thing I noticed was the very quiet interior once we all shut the doors. I think the van is well insulated. It is Big and beautiful. Dash controls are simple and the aircon could really knock you out nicely. Clutch and shifting is still quite stiff maybe because it is still new. But I like the small clearance on its shifting. Gives less stress on that part. The van rides smoothly when we were still on the rough spots of A.Bonifacio. This was considering we were only 5 in the van. Rides nicely. They allowed me to take it from Balintawak til Marilao exit. Then I got the chance to go faster when we got past the toll both. I liked the engine acceleration response. You definitely have enough horsepower you'll need. This van is gaining a lot of points for me. All I need is it's assurance of parts availability outside the casa.
    My brother has a Foton truck, 1 month after purchase, the master brake cylinder leaked under warrantty and was replaced. The clutch needs to be replaced after 15000 kms. The worst part is that no available parts. He vowed never to buy Foton again.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I have met some and spoke most to through a local Traveller owner's group. I have been hearing more positive feedbacks. Can't seem to find negative ones. Some have broken down parts but eventually they can easily find replacements. A good replacement in the end because it turns out that almost all components are GL Grandia compatible.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I have met some and spoke most to through a local Traveller owner's group. I have been hearing more positive feedbacks. Can't seem to find negative ones. Some have broken down parts but eventually they can easily find replacements. A good replacement in the end because it turns out that almost all components are GL Grandia compatible.
    Foton will be assembling these vehicles locally.. including the trucks i believe. Hopefully they provide good after sales service.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Foton will be assembling these vehicles locally.. including the trucks i believe. Hopefully they provide good after sales service.

Well they ought to. If they are willing to take the deep dive in the Philippine Market.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Well they ought to. If they are willing to take the deep dive in the Philippine Market.
    I think they will be good. The oil change interval for the toplander is class leading. huge savings for the owners. Not sure if the oil change interval for the van is the same with the pickup/suv.

Fb and other media outlets somewhat help consumers. Hopefully they deliver what they promise.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Owners can be assured that foton has serious business here. Yan ang kinakatakot ng iba e. Na baka iwan sila sa ere gaya ng chery

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast