New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Does anybody here owns a Foton Delivery Truck ie., Tornado 2? My first option is an Isuzu NHR but it has been a month now and our Isuzu dealer could still not guarantee when can we expect delivery of a unit thus I'm looking for other options. I have learned that the FOTON Tornado 2 has the same engine as the Isuzu NHR (Isuzu 4JB1) and also the same Isuzu chassis. The other plus is the amount of the FOTON is only 2/3 of that of the NHR. I'm hesitant to jump on the FOTON despite all of these because I'm still not sure about the build quality of the chinese. Can anybody here help me decide whether or not I'll go for the FOTON.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much is the tornado 2? How different is it from the tornado?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_weasel View Post
    my office just bought a Foton Tornado truck a couple of months ago, at 2,350 km milleage, nag pumping oil na yung engine, we brought it back to foton, they opened the engine and they saw that the Connecting Rod of the #3 cylinder was bent, they said water entered the engine, which was quite impossible since when our area flooded we did not use the vehicle anymore, they didn't want to fix the unit under warranty stating it was negligence which caused the vehicle to be damaged! the service manager (which was from other jap brand dealership) told us to ask for Good Will Warranty from the warranty officer, which he said other brands extend to their customers...the A**hole warranty manager just said they don't give Good Will Warranties!! when we went there the mechanics told us secretly that the metal used in the Foton engines were quite poor and easily bends or breaks!

We're now with a piece of Brand New Crap that doesn't work and we're paying for the amortization for nothing!

Foton is cheap....and expect the same thing for their quality and aftermarket service...no amount of difference in price from the Leading brands (Isuzu, Mitsubishi) is worth the frustration and trouble it will give poor buyers.

Eto nakita ko lang na response nya sa isang thread...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    How much is the tornado 2? How different is it from the tornado?
    The Tornado 2 is priced at 620k (Cab and chassis only) it is the smallest of the Tornado series with Isuzu engine 4JB1 2.8L. The others in the series are the Tornado 2.5 (3.5L engine) and Tornado 3.5 (with 4.0L engine).

5. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    Eto nakita ko lang na response nya sa isang thread...

Thanks for the reply.. haaayyy, if only Isuzu can provide me a Unit ASAP then I would not take a second look on chinese trucks..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    consider mo din Hyundai H100. 638K yata ang cab and chasis. But if you need 2000 kg payload capacity, hindi pwede. H100 is only rated for around 1000 kgs. I see a lot of JAC trucks. Almost same size as the Foton and NHR, I think it also uses a Isuzu engine and can carry 2000kgs. No idea on how it performs and how durable it is.

If you do buy one, pls post feedbacks as i am also looking for a truck. Tempted with the Chinese trucks but not sure if they are durable or not.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks. Cyclone pala yun isa kong naisip. Hehe.

Ying hino ok din naman ang reviews pero mahal. Tilt cab din siya.

Tilt cab na ba ang isuzu at foton?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Pero syempre kahit na may isang nagsabi na di maganda... meron din naman nagsasabi na maganda ang Foton Trucks.

Kaya nga parang duma dami sila ngayon dito sa CDO eh.

Mahirap talagang mag decide... kasi laki talaga ng price difference eh. Pero kung makabili ka na... review naman dito ha... ako din kasi nag iisip bumili pero di pa ngayon.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    may customer kami meron resto + catering business. japan surplus mga truck nila then bumili ng isang JAC. ilan months lang binenta yung JAC hehe

10. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    consider mo din Hyundai H100. 638K yata ang cab and chasis. But if you need 2000 kg payload capacity, hindi pwede. H100 is only rated for around 1000 kgs. I see a lot of JAC trucks. Almost same size as the Foton and NHR, I think it also uses a Isuzu engine and can carry 2000kgs. No idea on how it performs and how durable it is.

If you do buy one, pls post feedbacks as i am also looking for a truck. Tempted with the Chinese trucks but not sure if they are durable or not.
    thanks pero masyado maliit yung H100 ng hyundai para sa need ng business namin.. saka mukhang hindi durable yung pagkakagawa ng H100. yun na nga lang ngayon ang hyunda na hindi ko gusto hehe. madalas ko kasi makita yung pag nag PMS ako ng accent ko.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast