New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Foton PH introduces new Toplander diesel SUV | Topgear.ph

An unplanned roadtrip—"Foton finish" with the Toplander | The Philippine Star

What do you guys think of the Toplander?

Their website doesn't look promising
    TOPLANDER - FOTON

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Overpriced lol

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Foton Cummins Engine can be relied. But how about body build, etc ?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando.B View Post
    Foton Cummins Engine can be relied. But how about body build, etc ?
    Most wear and tear items/parts will always be replaced. Bushings ball joints etc. Not sure what you mean by body build. Its just a ladder frame based suv.

Anyways an australian fb group has been formed because of some issues with their foton purchase.

As said their price is not competitive. Isuzu mux manual tranny is better than this.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Hindi ako makikipagsapalaran.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Wow... Foton is really spending an ads for the Toplander...

Armed to the teeth | Motioncar

7. Join Date
    May 2013

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ecm14m View Post
    Hindi ako makikipagsapalaran.
    I'd rather buy the new 2nd gen Innova over this, kahit yung J diesl lang.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    The 4x4 Variant looks promising. *StockEngine. The body build that I mean, is the quality of manufacture of body on the top of the ladder frame and the quality of accessories inside the cabin.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    I was trying to create a new thread but unfortunately, It keeps on getting an error so I'll just post it here:

Good day Fellow Tsikoteers,

I wanted to start this thread for those who owns the Foton's newest SUV (As if merong old) the Toplander. Hopefully, the thread will have a healthy conversation given the current "political" situation that the Country is in now.

I recently purchased their base model 4X2. I was a previous Foton owner already (Foton Blizzard 4x2 NA). And to me, this is a huge leap from my previous ride. The pickup lasted 5 years until I've decided to sell it.

My comment with the Blizzard was it lacks the power that I need, the noise that I hear and the comfort on my ride. When I sold it, I looked at other options and the nearest that came close was Isuzu's MUX 2.5. I almost got the MUX as they both was approved by my bank, but the considering factor was the equal amortization that was offered to me. With Isuzu, I'll be paying it for 5 years wherein with the Toplander it's just 3 years. Practicality wise I went with the latter.

So far, I am on my 1400KM and as I've said, it was a huge leap from my Blizzard. I was able to drive it from Manila to Quezon and the response of the engine was awesome. Fastest speed that I had was only 120KM/H as I was still on the break-in period but from the way it handles, I can push more. Startoll's bumpy road was comfortable. My 4 passenger was sound asleep as I speed up and they never complain about when we took some roads that are under construction. Cooling system was also good, but compared to my Blizzard, this one seems to take the heat from the hot weather a little hard (My blizzard has a better AC setup probably because the cabin is smaller). Stock sound system sucks big time, "tunog-lata" as they say it but given the right budget, this will definitely be fixed.

One concern that I am complaining about my unit was the Fuel Consumption. As I did my Internet research, I am seeing majority saying that the usual consumption of this unit was around 10-12KM on City driving, and 13-15KM on long drives. Even Topgear's DOE review, the Toplander 4X2 FC was clocked in at 16+KM/L. Mine was pretty bad, I was averaging 8KM/L. The computation was overall, it includes my Quezon trip (400KM total) with a mix of two Cavite trips (320KM total) and the rest are City driving. I've already filled up 3.5 full tanks. The AFC that is registering on my dashboard is consistent at 14.7L/100KM.

And reading the Thunder threads (since it's the closest similar vehicle based on engine), their FCs are about 10-12KM/L, compared to mine which is fairly brand new.

To those who owns the Toplander, what are your experiences with you unit? What is your FC?

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Foton Toplander