New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    Nakita ko ito kanina sa MIAS, and man I thought this is mitsu/toyota/isuzu pickup but behold - it's a foton!
    Nicely build body, decent dashboard layout and knobs. Nice fabric seat too.
    I wonder if the engine performance will give its competitors a run for their money.
    If the engine/power train lives up to the well known Cummins durability then the japanese brand pick-ups should watch out. I myself is not a fan of Pick up trucks but this one caught my interest, must be the engine, features & price tag that comes with this Thunder.
    One thing I like with this truck is the big turbo charger inter-cooler located in the front of the radiator. This ensure ample supply of cooling air when the truck is at halt in the city traffic. This lay-out made access to the cylinder head parts easier unlike those designs that positioned the inter-cooler atop of the rocker cover.
    Last edited by weisshorn; April 2nd, 2012 at 08:30 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a servo assisted clutch would be so much less stress on many peoples left knee, reminds me of the old nissan safari truck. a pedal as comfortable to operate as the japanese big trucks will surely make the pickup a darling to drive. not the likes of the typical run of the mill hydraulic clutch systems we have been weaned on.
    i wonder how the cummins sound like when idling, coz the thing that i associate with these engines is the fuel knock and the sweet sound of the turbo whilsting .
    btw the differential looks like the one mounted on the old mini cruisers of yore, but only a bit longer.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    As requested. Some more pics.

ECU & Alternator mounted high in the engine bay. ECU is sealed?? Good for wading in the flooded manila roads. Yes
    With vacuum assisted clutch pedal means less stress to the left foot = less atake ng rayuma for the young once, he, he..
    Last edited by weisshorn; April 3rd, 2012 at 11:00 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Thanks... I can't see the pictures though... it might be my browser... will try a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    Thanks... I can't see the pictures though... it might be my browser... will try a different one.
    di ko rin makita pictures bro

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Sorry. I checked using other PC yes I can not see the photos. Something wrong with tsikot album.

Reposting photos from hosting site here:
    http://s1037.photobucket.com/albums/...20MIAS%202012/

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by weisshorn; April 4th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for the pictures

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cokezero View Post
    di ko rin makita pictures bro
    OO nga... yun second post meron na... just follow the link

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    The interior fittings are better than the Foton Blizard ... but I still hate that wood finish... it makes the car and the owner seemed older.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    The interior fittings are better than the Foton Blizard ... but I still hate that wood finish... it makes the car and the owner seemed older.

magagwan naman ng paraan yung faux wood trim hehe....kayang kaya ifoil yan or lagyan ng Real CF molding...

saw the pics and I admit, it was quite impressive....I'll be seeing it personally sa showroom pag bisita ko ng manila...

BTW I really want to commend the gertrag T-case.....Hats off to this, quite solid this one...

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Foton thunder pick-up