New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    guys, just wanna ask if anyone has encountered a similar issue.

my 3 yr old Escape shutdown while running, in the middle of the road.

it happened twice and now am worried.

the first instance was 2 years ago, am at a stoplight in BGC and it suddenly shutdwown and check engine light appeared. i restarted it and everything went fine.

i have a friend who has a SCANGAUGE and he run a test on it and found no errors.

BUT, just a week ago, it happened again. we are inside our village and it suddenly shutdown again.

this time i went to a reputable mechanic and the run the same test but found no errors (again ).

now am worried kasi paano kung sa SKYWAY, SLEX, NLEX sya mangyari? pile up yun malamang.

the mechanic told me, fuel filter, pump is not the problem and the car computer also dont register an issue.

so anyone has the same problem? thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I think dirty fuel is the culprit. Nangyari na rin sa akin yan pero diesel yung akin, pinalitan ang EGR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Pa leak test mo pcv valve, may tagas yan

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    happened to our honda city, eto nakitang butas sa hose, i dont know kung saang part ito, tawag nila eh "idle up" not even sure if thats the right name.
    Last edited by BratPAQ; March 26th, 2013 at 05:00 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    thanks guys. pero i doubt if tagas kasi it would still run and the situation happened 2 yrs apart. but yes, i will suggest yan sa mechanic.. just in case. ty!

EGR solenoid, bka nga. bka madumi or whatever.

salamat!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

balitaan mo kami brad mukhang isolated case naman yan.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ford said it is due to defective MAF Sensor. possible cost is 27T for it and 3T for the labor.

very unfortunate at malas that i got several issues sa Escape ko na while 3yrs + pa lang sya. we got 2 other cars na 1998 and 2006 Honda na halos worry free kmi. haay.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Check at Mazford muna. They have MAF sensors for Fords, and last I checked, they didn't cost 27k pesos.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    That's odd. A relatively new car with a defective MAF. Try to clean it using an electronic contact cleaner. 3k for labor is highway robbery. Anybody with decent DIY skills can do that under 20 mins.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    2 things you can do since they have identified the source & i guess it's base on manual as well.

1. Go to your trusted mechanic & have it cleaned up. Baka nagkaroon lang ng contamination.
    2. Look for that particular MAF in Banaue. They can even order it for you kung wala sila and it ain't gonna be 27K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast