New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The ability to ferry 10 people in total comfort, instead of crammed in like sardines or bouncing around like you're riding in the back of a pick-up is a good thing.

Don't remember how much went wrong on the E150s in my family... most I can recall is one needed some brake or suspension work, and another needed a fix for the mass airflow sensor (which cost less than 5k at the dealership... pretty sensible, as far as American cars go)... they're pretty robust vehicles, as far as I know. Only issue is the cheap interior plastic... but hey, they're family vans... what do you expect?

Only worry is the automatic, if it shares anything with the Expedition transmission, but I think it doesn't, and I haven't heard any E150 owners complain about it.

You can get LPG for the E150 cheaper than that... Probably cost only 60-80k pesos from Greenfuel (80 maybe if they need to use a double-rail)...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    1. Very high fuel consumption.
    2. Very high fuel consumption
    3. Boaty ride
    4. Very high fuel consumption
    5. Hard to park
    6. People will think you're such an ass for using an american gas guzzling car amid the worsening global warming (and crisis). hehehe
    7. It's nice to drive, lakas ng engine. I've driven and ridden in one many times.
    8. Not good for high speed cornering though.
    9. Not really that spacious kasi ang lalaki ng upuan nito.
    10. Different from the usual.

It's better to buy a Grand Starex CRDI VGT. or if you're a Toyota fan, Grandia (but it's a bit spartan compared to the luxurious interior of GS though).
    OT:

naka enumerate ng 3 times talaga yung Very high fuel consumption

1. regarding on very high fuel consumption ok lang since family car lang namin ito on family day and pang "hakot" ng tao or kapamilya na dadating i.e sundo sa airport etc.

2. boaty ride - if this is true, ok lang din since sanay na kami sa trooper namin lalo na dito sa fairview area lalo na ako na 3rd row bench ang trono ko.

3. hard to park - ok lang din since may driver kami na di naman nagmamadali mag park and majority ng mga places na pinupuntahan namin is maluluwag naman ang parking space (usually open parking) like SM fairview. and theres a back up sensor and back up camera to assist our driver.

4. People will think you're such an ass for using an american gas guzzling car amid the worsening global warming - Global Warming is a MYTH

Not good for high speed cornering though. - my mom doesnt allow me and our driver to reach or exceed 80 KPH kaya no probs din.

6. Not really that spacious kasi ang lalaki ng upuan nito. - ok lang naman for us ang seating configuration ng e150 since pwede naman kaming mag lagay ng roof rack for the luggage and its very seldom na lumalabas kami ng metro.

thanks bro for the info.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    ok lang yan bro aside lang talaga sa malaks fuel conspmtion.sa iyo ba ito bibitawan mo na ba ang trooper mo?

btw:mas maganda ata yung parang cabinet style ang bukas ng pinto sa passenger kaysa doon sa sliding?
    hi boss aga

FC is tolerable naman since nabanggit ko nga na it would be seldomly used.

hindi namin bibitawan ang trooper namin since may sentimental value samin yun and dream car yung ng erpats ko. aside napamahal narin sakin yun:bwahaha:

ok din sana yung cabinet style door pero pag conversion van style/ look ko lang type yun. so mas type namin ang sliding door style.

thanks . .

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    SQ - your family can greatly benefit from an E-150 and you can readily afford to feed it.

It's not really for everyone but for those who truly need a true people mover with tons of space, this is the mother of all vans.

I suggest you scout around for a second hand, first owned unit.

hi MR.

yes that right. since my parents are getting older, they need a van that they will be comfortable enough that they will arrive in their destinations with comfort and ease.

na mention mo dati na kapatid mo ata meron e150? tama ba?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ganda nyan sir pwede pa 12oclock ang posistion ng driving hand nyoastig pa mga upuan ,,mga 600k may makukuha ka na nyan first option ko sa color is black sunod ang green

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    nabasa ko in sa kabilang forum, a member is planning to install an Isuzu Elf turbo diesel engine (surplus) on an E-150. Nag uusap pa raw sila ng father nya.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    hi MR.

yes that right. since my parents are getting older, they need a van that they will be comfortable enough that they will arrive in their destinations with comfort and ease.
    Have you considered the new Town and Country? If all you are hauling on comfort and ease would be mainly your parents, this might be the answer without buying an ocean liner for the road.

I have test driven the current Ford E150 and all the stuff listed is pretty much true.

1. Very high fuel consumption.
    2. Very high fuel consumption
    3. Boaty ride
    4. Very high fuel consumption
    5. Hard to park
    6. People will think you're such an ass for using an american gas guzzling car amid the worsening global warming (and crisis). hehehe
    7. It's nice to drive, lakas ng engine. I've driven and ridden in one many times.
    8. Not good for high speed cornering though.
    9. Not really that spacious kasi ang lalaki ng upuan nito.
    10. Different from the usual.
    A few things not mentioned:
    - driver's seat is not comfortable and too upright
    - driver's seat is cramp if you are bigger than Ogie Alcacid.
    - turning circle radius pretty large (expected)
    - driving one feels like driving a mini school bus (yes, I have driven one too)
    - a high speed lane change would make this vehicle lean-over like a drunk
    - on straight roads, it is a pretty comfortable ride for the passengers.

As for converting an E150 to run on LPG, it can and has been done but it is difficult to do because of the engine is located under the front seat of the van, making access limited and cramp.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 9th, 2008 at 07:10 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Have you considered the new Town and Country? If all you are hauling on comfort and ease would be mainly your parents, this might be the answer without buying an ocean liner for the road.

hindi ko pala na mention na buong barangay kasama

usually pag lumalabas kami laging 9 pax kami so town and country is wala sa option.

thanks GH

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    There's an LPG conversion kit for it. You can sacrifice the spare tire if you don't want to sacrifice luggage space.

The front dog house/engine cover occupies a lot of room up front. For such a large van, the driver will have the space of a Suzuki APV.

The early models had swing type passenger doors, later models used a more conventional sliding door. Which one is better will depend on your usage. I like the sliding door better for passenger use. For the ambulance, I like the swing type door more.

With used prices dropping like bird poo, the E150 makes a tempting buy.
    yes the space on driver and passenger side is cramped. pero i wonder, tahimik ba sa loob ng cabin kapag humagulgol na ang v8?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Column shift nga pala ito. It's a bit weird using it for the first time.

yes its a column shift nga . . . weird yung mga controls like headlight switch, wiper etc . . . first time ko kasi maka subok ng fords . . . hehe

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
What to expect on an E150 ?