New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Focus experts,

I'm planning to buy a used second car next year to be driven by my wife or by my son who's learning how to drive.
    Any inputs on sedan model M/T 1.8 or 2.0? Meron ba 1.6L?
    Ano difference nung 2008 sa 2009 model?
    Fuel consumption?
    Any issues and what to look out for on second hand focus?
    Ano karamihan nasisira agad for the sedan M/T?
    How much price range ng 1.8 model which is my preferred choice? Meron daw around 365k for a 2009 model.

Need your inputs. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    Focus experts,

I'm planning to buy a used second car next year to be driven by my wife or by my son who's learning how to drive.
    Any inputs on sedan model M/T 1.8 or 2.0? Meron ba 1.6L?
    Ano difference nung 2008 sa 2009 model?
    Fuel consumption?
    Any issues and what to look out for on second hand focus?
    Ano karamihan nasisira agad for the sedan M/T?
    How much price range ng 1.8 model which is my preferred choice? Meron daw around 365k for a 2009 model.

Need your inputs. Thanks in advance.
    The 1.6 was sold only until (early?)2007, after a mild facelift, they upgraded the engine to a 125PS 1.8 Duratec (20PS and 20Nm more than the Mazda 1.6 engine in the old Trend MT)
    Mid-2007/08 Focus 1.8 Trend

- Photo posted on Motioncars by boomboom69

In late 2008, Ford launched the Focus with the "Kinetic Design" Facelift.
    2009 Focus 1.8 Trend MT

More or less, both 1.8 liter models are mechanically the same.
    I've only driven the 1.6 MT(one of the cars I drive regularly) and 1.8 AT(test drive), I haven't driven the 1.8 MT, but expect it to be quicker than the old 1.6 MT and 1.8 AT.

PS: The old 105PS 1.6 MT is ok, but extra power is welcome, specially when its loaded with passengers and you're going uphill.
    Last edited by AG4; October 5th, 2012 at 08:27 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    AG4,
    Thanks for the reply. I'm more inclined to the 1.8 and maybe the kinetic design facelift if budget permits. Do you know the fuel consumption of the 1.8? Sana di matakaw. Any issues like suspension, electronics and transmission?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1.8 MT is actually lots of fun to drive. Just enough power (though you can still feel the weight at higher speeds).

No common trend to issues... most of the FCP members and forumers who own Focii own the 2.0. The biggest bugbears I can recall are CV Joints for the 2.0 AT and front suspension. Heavy car kasi.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The 1.8 MT is actually lots of fun to drive. Just enough power (though you can still feel the weight at higher speeds).

No common trend to issues... most of the FCP members and forumers who own Focii own the 2.0. The biggest bugbears I can recall are CV Joints for the 2.0 AT and front suspension. Heavy car kasi.
    Niky,
    Salamat. Will check out the focuses out there when I get home next year.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    AG4,
    Thanks for the reply. I'm more inclined to the 1.8 and maybe the kinetic design facelift if budget permits. Do you know the fuel consumption of the 1.8? Sana di matakaw. Any issues like suspension, electronics and transmission?
    FC is around 11~14 km/L for the 1.8MT. I own and drive one. Really fun to drive. You get one not for FC but for the enjoyment of driving one. Loved the handling especially when cornering on paved roads whether up or down hills. If ever you decide to get one on stock, should get the mid 2010/11? upgraded model, the ones with the 16's. I find its ground clearance a bit higher than the ones with the 15's. It'll help you maneuver on the humps and ramps here.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by abantao View Post
    FC is around 11~14 km/L for the 1.8MT. I own and drive one. Really fun to drive. You get one not for FC but for the enjoyment of driving one. Loved the handling especially when cornering on paved roads whether up or down hills. If ever you decide to get one on stock, should get the mid 2010/11? upgraded model, the ones with the 16's. I find its ground clearance a bit higher than the ones with the 15's. It'll help you maneuver on the humps and ramps here.
    sir your FC is that highway or city driving? mine i have a A/T 1.8 Ghia.... FC- CITY Driving.... im lucky if i can get 14liters per 100 kms...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    If you want to feel a euro car which is not too pricey, the focus is the car for you. Driving and handling is superb, and mechanical power is stock form is way good enough (I can say).
    My focus 2L can blast 200kph without hesitation. If you plan 1.8L, power is already enough, had some friend tested their stock 1.8 upto 180kph and the car still handles very good.
    Parts, there's a lot of shops selling ford parts (aside from casa).

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Looks like fuel consumption for the 1.8MT looks good too. Loving the focus more. More inputs please.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Go for the TDIC Focus... excellent fuel consumption.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast