New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    2010 Ford Focus Sport TDCi

Ford Group Philippines has upgraded the current-generation Focus through a very minor facelift while giving both the hatchback and the sedan versions of the vehicle equipment upgrades.

With upgrades that are first of its class, the Ford Ghia TDCi now sports the 16-inch wheels of the European market-only Focus ST hot hatch. The Ghia also now has rain-sensing wipers, auto on/off headlamps, and an auto-dimming rearview mirror. The Focus Sport hatchback also now has a sportier front bumper with a body-colored front hood bar and the blacked-out fog lamp bezel with chrome trim.

The petrol-fed Focus Ghia gets all of the above upgrades minus the 16-inch ST wheels while the 1.8-liter Focus Trend sedan and hatchback get a wheels upgraded from 15 to 16 inches to go with the front passenger airbag that complements the standard driver’s side airbag.

What makes these upgrades even better news to those eyeing the Ford Focus is that the two-liter petrol-fed Ghia sedan and Sport hatchback will be offered at P975,000-- P24,000 lower than the previous price of P999,000.

Prices of the other variants like the diesel-fed two-liter Sport hatchback and Ghia sedan have gone up to P1,195,000, an increase of just P6,000; while the 1.8-liter Trend sedan and hatchback with AT are now at P879,000 with a P10,000 increase.

“The Focus just keeps on getting better and better--now, with welcomed improvements to both our product offering and service experience,” said Steven Tan, Ford Group Philippines vice president for sales and marketing.
    - http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/ford-...hback#comments

*Although it wasn't mentioned, an upgraded Trend M/T sedan is also available according to Ford.
    *Correction on the article, these are not ST wheels, the ST uses 18 inch Y-spoke wheels, the ones in the photo above are the 16 inch Y-spoke wheels that are optional on the lower-end euro Focus (part of the Sport Pack).
    Last edited by AG4; July 30th, 2010 at 04:24 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    :bounceD: This is nice. Good upgrades especially the rims and airbags on the trend model. May chance din kaya na mgoffer sila ng manual tranny sa trend hatch? Better yet a 1.8 liter TDCi with a manual tranny to complement as a lower end variant of the TDCi sport that is priced below 1M? Yun eh para sa amin na mejo tight ang budget. Hehehehe. (Asa pa. )

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    damnnnn ST bumpers and rims! sorry pero hindi ata minor facelift ito for me hahaha

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Nice facelift!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hi guys, newbie here...curious lang what's the general feedback or experience with Ford Focus? I used to own Ford Escape M/T back in 2002, my only complain is its under powered..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberben View Post
    Hi guys, newbie here...curious lang what's the general feedback or experience with Ford Focus? I used to own Ford Escape M/T back in 2002, my only complain is its under powered..
    If you are referring to the Focus 2.0 (gas) or Focus 2.0 TDCi (diesel), they have good to great power delivery.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    wow. it does look better.

buti hindi kami kumuha ng focus

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If you are referring to the Focus 2.0 (gas) or Focus 2.0 TDCi (diesel), they have good to great power delivery.
    Thanks for that...how about durability and driving comfort? Focus or Chevy Cruze? somehow I'm choosing between the 2...but of course i'm still looking around. My budget is max of 1M if it's worth it.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberben View Post
    Thanks for that...how about durability and driving comfort? Focus or Chevy Cruze? somehow I'm choosing between the 2...but of course i'm still looking around. My budget is max of 1M if it's worth it.
    with your budget and looking for the top of the line model the 2.0L focus ghia *975T is the best you can get...it has a luxury feeling leather seat with chrome trim,great handling,decent power,16 inch mags, etc...or if you don't mind the minor upgrade you may get the previous model *939T...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    with your budget and looking for the top of the line model the 2.0L focus ghia *975T is the best you can get...it has a luxury feeling leather seat with chrome trim,great handling,decent power,16 inch mags, etc...or if you don't mind the minor upgrade you may get the previous model *939T...
    Thanks again for the feedback and suggestions bro! very helpful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Upgraded 2010 Ford Focus (local spec)