New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hello mga Sirs:

Good day!

Newbie here. Im planning to buy my first car, and after much consideration, i am hoping to get the 2003 ford lynx ghia mt 41tkm na nakapost sa buyandsell forum dito. It's posted price is Php298K, ask ko lang po sana ang opinions nyo if its a good deal at that price? All power, first owner, leather seats, moon roof. All stock daw po as per owner. Could you also post some tips as to what i should check sa car, given na newbie talaga ako, and im into my 5th week of driving lessons pa lang.

Also, ano po ba ang mga papers/documents na kelangang hingin/papirmahan/iprepare pag bibili ng second hand car? Ano po yung kelangang icheck sa TMG?

Any inputs from anyone will be much appreciated po.

Thanks po in advance sa lahat ng magrereply, good afternoon and god bless us all po.

joel

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Check the condition of the ignition coils and that the car doesn't behave strangely in traffic (sign of sensor problems). Also check for noises from the suspension. The Lynx is a stiff car, so it may sound tinny, but make sure that nothing is actually banging against anything and that the bearings are in good condition.

If it's AT, make sure there's little or no shift shock, and that it doesn't feel like it's hesitating in traffic (yes, it's slow, but it shouldn't bog).

At the TMG, check that there are no alerts on the VIN and Engine Number.

Also check the legitimacy of the OR at the LTO... make sure it's the original that you check and not a photocopy... as you can never be too sure.

Try to get further discounts, if you can. Check Buy and Sell for the current going rate for other Lynxes, and try to work your way down for any defect that you find on the car. But if the defects are major, best look for something better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Check the condition of the ignition coils and that the car doesn't behave strangely in traffic (sign of sensor problems). Also check for noises from the suspension. The Lynx is a stiff car, so it may sound tinny, but make sure that nothing is actually banging against anything and that the bearings are in good condition.

If it's AT, make sure there's little or no shift shock, and that it doesn't feel like it's hesitating in traffic (yes, it's slow, but it shouldn't bog).

At the TMG, check that there are no alerts on the VIN and Engine Number.

Also check the legitimacy of the OR at the LTO... make sure it's the original that you check and not a photocopy... as you can never be too sure.

Try to get further discounts, if you can. Check Buy and Sell for the current going rate for other Lynxes, and try to work your way down for any defect that you find on the car. But if the defects are major, best look for something better.

thanks po sa inputs nyo. actually natawaran ko po ng konti. naisip ko po kase at that price, mas earlier models na toyota, honda, mitsubishi, or nissans ang makukuha ko, i.e. mas mataas na ang odometer reading, i.e. parang mas gamit na sya.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ita-try ko po puntahan this weekend to inspect the car. pano po yung ibig sabihin na stiff ride ang lynx? kung dadalhin ko po ba yun sa auto shop para ipainspect before ko bilhin if ever, madedetect po ba nila kung me sira ang mga sensors/coils? thanks po ulit in advance...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjawili View Post
    ita-try ko po puntahan this weekend to inspect the car. pano po yung ibig sabihin na stiff ride ang lynx? kung dadalhin ko po ba yun sa auto shop para ipainspect before ko bilhin if ever, madedetect po ba nila kung me sira ang mga sensors/coils? thanks po ulit in advance...
    stiff suspension means the ride is harder that a soft suspension. a classic example of a soft suspension is the corolla altis, wherein, sinasalo lahat ng shocks and springs yung bumps sa road, so that you hardly feel a thing.

a stiff suspension, is harder, so that the springs and shocks do not absorb the bumps of the road compared to soft ones. but, the pro of having a stiff suspension is that the suspension components are more durable and better handling.

on your question kung kailangan mo pang dalahin sa auto shop to inspect, hindi na. lynxes are generally built with stiff suspension systems. ang magagawa lang ng auto shop is to check if the suspension components are still ok (like bushings, shocks, etc....).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Since it's stiff, the bushings generally take a pounding if the guy's daily route is bumpy. They may be okay, they may not. But this is true of nearly every secondhand Japanese car (the Lynx is a Mazda, after all), whether stiff or not... but if the car is too soft, you're looking at blown shocks instead of just bushings...

Di naman siya AUV stiff... basta iba lang kaysa sa mga Toyota, et al.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    a ok.. thanks po sa enlightenment. yung re: sira yung cam sensor/the other sensor that begins with a letter m which i forgot the name due to my memory gap, malalaman ko po bang sira yun pag istart ko yung car, tapos idle lang sya para medyo uminit yung engine, as in mamamatay na lang bigla yung engine? sa 2003 model ng lynx prevalent pa rin po ba yung ganitong sensor problems? thanks po ulit.. very helpful po yung inputs nyo kase first time car buyer po talaga ako e.. gandang hapon po ulit..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    tsaka po yung mga spare parts ng ford, mas mahal po ba sa honda, nissan, toyota, or mitsubishi? mas mataas po ba ang maintenance ng ford compared sa mga japanese cars? in terms of durability, comparable po ba ang ford sa big 3 na japanese cars? kase po makati antipolo ang route ko if ever, kakayanin po kaya ng engine ng ford yung ganun kalayo, tapos medyo matarik na daan? pasensya na po sa maraming tanong, medyo matagal po kaseng pinag ipunan tong pambili ko ng car kaya hanggat maari e minimize ko yung unknown factors.. thanks po ulit..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kaya ng engine.

Yung Cam Sensor, supposedly redesigned na yung sa 2003 na Lynx, so it should last much longer. If it goes bad, it's about 3,500 pesos at Banaue to replace.

The MAF... that depends. Kung nilagyan ng aftermarket airfilter or Khaos Fuel Saver (crappy piece of ****), baka masira, but otherwise, it should be okay.

Most sensors cost between 3k to 5k pesos at Banaue, that includes ignition coils, which might wear out over time (this is true of any vehicle equipped with direct ignition and in-bay ignition coils.

Most parts cost around the same as Japanese parts (Nissan, Mitsu, etcetera) if you're buying replacement parts. Obviously, you can't get the same super-duper cheap parts as you can for the Corolla, but with those, you're getting what you're paying for... junk.

Kaya lang, many garages don't stock the parts, so either you or your mechanic will have to go to Banaue to buy them. If you're in Makati a lot, that's not a big problem.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks po ulit for the inputs. So if ever bibilhin ko na po yung car, pano po bangprocedure? deed of sale lang po ba talaga ang papapirmahan? pano po malilipat sa pangalan ko yung ownership ng vehicle? paano po yung process nun? mga magkano po ang dapat iallot ko na budget para dun?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Planning to buy a Ford Lynx Ghis 2003 MT 41TKms