New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Mga sirs, ano ba difference ng park break (yung nasa A/T na gear) and sa foot/hand break? I am driving Ford Sport Trac and Foot break kasi ang pinaka hand break namin. Ok lang ba na hindi ko na gamitin yung foot break and just use Park instead? TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Wala namang difference, they serve the same purpose. Puwede rin di na gamitin since AT naman kamo ang ride mo, not like sa manual transmission nasa neutral pag park mo. Pero ako lagi kong gamit ang foot brake if I park.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i was told my by mechanic friend that it is a good practice to set the parking brake, just in case somebody hits the car. it will not do damage to the transmission since all 4 wheels will be locked up.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    i was told my by mechanic friend that it is a good practice to set the parking brake, just in case somebody hits the car. it will not do damage to the transmission since all 4 wheels will be locked up.
    i'd use the foot brakes/parking brakes, you payed for it as part of the car/truck why not specially slanted,up or down hill parking.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The difference between them is that the hand brake prevents the wheels from rolling, similar to your brake pedal, and the Park position locks the transmission itself. If something hits the car with significant force without the wheels locked, it can cause transmission damage. So always use the hand brake when parking, regardless of the A/T position (N or P).

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I engage both all the time. The hand/footbrake is there to ease the pressure on the P especially when parking down/uphill.... (I usually stop, engage the hand/footbrake and then put the AT in "Park"....

7808:spam:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    same tayo everytime i park, i engaged the handbrake and put the transmission on 2nd gear.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    The difference between them is that the hand brake prevents the wheels from rolling, similar to your brake pedal, and the Park position locks the transmission itself. If something hits the car with significant force without the wheels locked, it can cause transmission damage. So always use the hand brake when parking, regardless of the A/T position (N or P).
    +1 ako dito. So better yet use the handbrake and put the A/T tranny to P.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I engage both all the time. The hand/footbrake is there to ease the pressure on the P especially when parking down/uphill.... (I usually stop, engage the hand/footbrake and then put the AT in "Park"....

7808:spam:
    +1. This is the safe sequence, especially when parking on an incline. If you put it in Park and let it lock before engaging the HandBrake, it will be difficult to shift it away from Park towards R,N,D etc.

So, after stopping, engage the hand brake while still pressing the brake pedal, then shift to P, and that's the time to let go of the brake pedal.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Dapat gamitin talaga ang parking brakes.

our ford e150 has a foot break. everytimr na mag pariking. tinatapakan talga to para mas safe. nakakaasiwa nga lang minsan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Park vs. Hand/Foot Break