New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Mahina yan kasi palpak ang tubro ng 2.2L wildtrak vs the 3.2 wildtrak , yan ang reklamo sa Ranger lineup ever since the first facia . Yan ang achilles heel ng ranger thats why the Hilux and the Navarra are still catching up

Ang ginawa ng Ford eh ginawang bi-turbo ang raptor pero same displacement, Why just not fit the more durable 3.2L wilddtrak engine to the ranger raptor? Eh for obvious reasons cost cutting, and instead dinaan na lang bigger body, suspension ang gulong and of course marketing ads hihi

Maybe i used the term mahina, pero i actually meant durable / reliable, long lasting.

Actually meron Australian outback test yan eh sa youtube wherein they still prefer the 3.2 wildtrak vs the new Ranger Raptor . In fact ni race pa nga nila eh, 3.2 wildtrak vs Raptor vs Chevy colorado , pinakakulelat and Raptor sa acceleration , and this is soil meadow plain lang
    hindi daw advisable sa long Run ang mga odd Cylinder engine [emoji846]
    Kaya siguro pinalitan ng bi Turbo, at nasa design naman ata ng gearbox na nag kakatalo wala na sa engine displacement
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Eto observation ko lang namn after countlesss readings / youtube videos

Turbo in diesel engine is safer pag ang displacement is 3.0 up. Maybe thats why the Pajero bk is a tank of an old workhorse.

Per experience, our former Starex GRX Crdi nagleak ang tubro after so many uears nman of use, pero 2.5L yun, eto Santa Fe ko may minor leaks na ang turbo at 2.2L crdi,

Now, our family 3-2 DId 2013 Pajero bk halos walang major mainenance yun, change oil lang, and yet the engine runs like new even until now 2019.

So my theory (take note theory lang ha not fact) , sa lower displacment engine grabe ang trabaho ng turbo, lalo na pag bumper traffic kasi hinde makatakbo ng mabilis ng matagal so lagi nag activate ang turbo at a certain speed the off na naman pag na traffic, so on so forth But with a 3.0 up displacment, the engine does not require turbo services often coz it can compensate for the slow movement. Eh kasi nga 3.0 is truck territory na yun eh, compensated talaga yan slow movement or heavy loads.

So yan bi turbo na yan, if course it sounds good coz two is better than one , pero eto ma utilize mo lang talaga pag continuous high speed ka, which is not a reality here in Manila

So forgive me for saying this pero tingen ko talaga those who get raptors and use it in city, for the show lang talaga ang purpose, and they dont understsnds this. Ma initindihan siguro nila 3-5 years from now if those turbos start to fail prematurely, mahina pa naman ngaun ang P100k sa isang turbo replacement

Bago pa naman yan raptor eh, well see. Pero di ba nga the last model of the ford escape did not sell well even if its bi turbo kasi madami apprehensions eh.
    Now the ranger raptor is first bi-turbo diesel tas low displacement pa. Katakot

the typical bi turbo is arranged in series. if the upstream turbo losses its blades in case of material failure, hihigupin lahat sa downstream turbo and thereby will also have catastrophic result. damay kahit ayos pa sana and end of the story is masakit sa bulsa. i saw one article that Ford's bi turbo is made of excellent material found only in rocket industry. i congratulate new raptor owners if this is entirely true!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ang hirap din kase ng feeling you bought car for speed and all the perks of racing technology like bi turbo pero di mo naman magamit gamti kasi pabrika ng bata ang Pilipinas

You could live in the provinces for more open roads pero mababa naman ang sweldo for you to afford to drive a racing pickup truck. Add to that even if you can afford, di naman appreciate g tao sa probinsya car mo kasi di naman sila maselan sa car brand

Andito sa manila ang mag appreciate sa car mo pero di running avg 20kph ka lang most of time

Wala eh talo talaga sa cost.

Unless, may farm ka. pero para sakin kasi lalo ka lang mawawala sa focus sa buhay mo kung say doctor , abogado o architect ka sa manila tapos mag-farmer ka pa just becuase you got a Ford Raptor to support , bale palaki na ng palaki cost of living mo, tapos may identity crisis ka na

Parang yun mga execs na bumibile ng sports cars, they fight all their lives to win and to be at the top in the Philippine career setting, tapos bibile ka lang ng sports car na kayang sirain lang ng isang isuzu crosswind sa isang banggaan

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Ayos. May storya na ang mga raptor at sports car owners. [emoji23]

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Galing mag fabricate ng story... akala mo na visit lahat ng probinsya sa pilipinas... ginawa pang ignoy yung taga probinsya kesa wala daw alam sa branding... hahaha... kawawang troll, kinakausap sarili... [emoji3577]

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    the typical bi turbo is arranged in series. if the upstream turbo losses its blades in case of material failure, hihigupin lahat sa downstream turbo and thereby will also have catastrophic result. damay kahit ayos pa sana and end of the story is masakit sa bulsa. i saw one article that Ford's bi turbo is made of excellent material found only in rocket industry. i congratulate new raptor owners if this is entirely true!
    if this is true? its already published by ford.. they do use inconel for the turbo.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Ouch!!!

But seriously I bought the raptor really for the looks, my Hilux revo can actually perform pickup duties better.

But look at the raptor, it so damn good looking. And I’m not compensating for something, di naman ako bansot or mataba.

And peolpe really buy alot of stuff for show, like you see guys sporting a Rolex Sub, do they go deep sea diving? No, maybe in pools yes. On cars you see peolpe changing their wheels to forged, do they need lights wheels? No, but it make their ride look better.

So basically alot of things people buy is really for show.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Dont worry about OB. He likes to throw shade on a lot of people's decisions and purchases. Yet we love him just the same.

The proof is in the pudding... Look at the waiting list for that Raptor.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EQAddict; February 24th, 2019 at 11:19 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ang hirap din kase ng feeling you bought car for speed and all the perks of racing technology like bi turbo pero di mo naman magamit gamti kasi pabrika ng bata ang Pilipinas

You could live in the provinces for more open roads pero mababa naman ang sweldo for you to afford to drive a racing pickup truck. Add to that even if you can afford, di naman appreciate g tao sa probinsya car mo kasi di naman sila maselan sa car brand

Andito sa manila ang mag appreciate sa car mo pero di running avg 20kph ka lang most of time

Wala eh talo talaga sa cost.

Unless, may farm ka. pero para sakin kasi lalo ka lang mawawala sa focus sa buhay mo kung say doctor , abogado o architect ka sa manila tapos mag-farmer ka pa just becuase you got a Ford Raptor to support , bale palaki na ng palaki cost of living mo, tapos may identity crisis ka na

Parang yun mga execs na bumibile ng sports cars, they fight all their lives to win and to be at the top in the Philippine career setting, tapos bibile ka lang ng sports car na kayang sirain lang ng isang isuzu crosswind sa isang banggaan
    i wouldn't buy a pick-up if speed was on my mind.
    the penalty for putting a couple of cement bags out back for increased traction, negates the speed...

but yes, the raptor looks... intimidating.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i wouldn't buy a pick-up if speed was on my mind.
    the penalty for putting a couple of cement bags out back for increased traction, negates the speed...

but yes, the raptor looks... intimidating.
    Same with me, not a pickup nor a PPV if swiftness and speed is a requirement. If you want speed and handling plus cargo space and ground clearance, some CUVs can be a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast