Quote Originally Posted by miguel20 View Post
    Need feedbacks on its pros and cons

Durability
    Overall review
    Fuel consumption
    Parts availability
    Maintenance costs

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    bought my first gen everest nov. 2004. It's a back to basics vehicle with no sensors, no EGRs, etc.you get the picture..... So there are many advantages to this, primarily easy and cheap maintenance. This is one sturdy vehicle like the civic of the mid 90s, and the first gen CR-V. You could still see quite a few of these 3 vehicles today. No major repairs for me except for some bushings and stabilizer link. Also changed my glow plug relay which was really cheap as there are MANY replacement parts that fit the first gen everest (and from experience, work just fine). You can buy original, OEM or replacement parts in banawe as they are readily available. I just use regular mineral oil and just change this every 6 months. The ATF is also just Dexron III so really, replacing the fluids is cheap. The first row (driver and passenger) is quite comfortable and roomy. Second row has unbelievable leg room (though it sits a bit low for my taste. My wife likes it just fine though). But the 3rd row is strictly for kids. Great visibility and ride height too. I also loaded the everest with heavy construction materials and it did not break a sweat.

The cons for the first gen everest is its fuel consumption (or maybe its just the way I drive). I average just 5km per liter. Since this is literally a pick-up truck with a 'camper shell' built in, it still rides like a truck... you can feel its quite a 'heavy' vehicle.

Overall, if you are just keeping this as an 'alternate' car (coding car), this would be a good choice. There are still quiet a few cons but in the end, the pros outweigh them. Easy and cheap maintenance, can seat 7, has high ground clearance, and is a very tough vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post
    bought my first gen everest nov. 2004. It's a back to basics vehicle with no sensors, no EGRs, etc.you get the picture..... So there are many advantages to this, primarily easy and cheap maintenance. This is one sturdy vehicle like the civic of the mid 90s, and the first gen CR-V. You could still see quite a few of these 3 vehicles today. No major repairs for me except for some bushings and stabilizer link. Also changed my glow plug relay which was really cheap as there are MANY replacement parts that fit the first gen everest (and from experience, work just fine). You can buy original, OEM or replacement parts in banawe as they are readily available. I just use regular mineral oil and just change this every 6 months. The ATF is also just Dexron III so really, replacing the fluids is cheap. The first row (driver and passenger) is quite comfortable and roomy. Second row has unbelievable leg room (though it sits a bit low for my taste. My wife likes it just fine though). But the 3rd row is strictly for kids. Great visibility and ride height too. I also loaded the everest with heavy construction materials and it did not break a sweat.

The cons for the first gen everest is its fuel consumption (or maybe its just the way I drive). I average just 5km per liter. Since this is literally a pick-up truck with a 'camper shell' built in, it still rides like a truck... you can feel its quite a 'heavy' vehicle.

Overall, if you are just keeping this as an 'alternate' car (coding car), this would be a good choice. There are still quiet a few cons but in the end, the pros outweigh them. Easy and cheap maintenance, can seat 7, has high ground clearance, and is a very tough vehicle.
    Thanks for your inputs sir! Would a MT make a significant difference in fuel economy?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Thanks for your inputs sir! Would a MT make a significant difference in fuel economy?

I think the MT is definitely more efficient. And depending on how you will use the everest and how comfortable you are with MT transmission (in city driving for example), this may be a better vehicle for you since MTs tend to be cheaper in the second hand market.

btw, the 5km/liter is purely city driving. No plans to 'upgrade' my first gen Everest as the back to basics (no electronics and all sorts of sensors) really makes sense as an an alternate vehicle. If you're buying a first gen everest, look out for the 'consumables' that already need replacing like all the belts, tyres, etc. make sure you get the records of what liquids have been replaced and when.

aside from tsikot, i encourage you to join specific clubs that may be more active. I learned a lot from these clubs and forums.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post
    I think the MT is definitely more efficient. And depending on how you will use the everest and how comfortable you are with MT transmission (in city driving for example), this may be a better vehicle for you since MTs tend to be cheaper in the second hand market.

btw, the 5km/liter is purely city driving. No plans to 'upgrade' my first gen Everest as the back to basics (no electronics and all sorts of sensors) really makes sense as an an alternate vehicle. If you're buying a first gen everest, look out for the 'consumables' that already need replacing like all the belts, tyres, etc. make sure you get the records of what liquids have been replaced and when.

aside from tsikot, i encourage you to join specific clubs that may be more active. I learned a lot from these clubs and forums.
    Can you refer me to these car clubs and forums sir?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Everest Garage is a shop on fb. he does mostly everests...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Can you refer me to these car clubs and forums sir?

You can join ford club of the philippines. They have great and interesting discussions there about the first gen everest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk