New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I am experiencing major kalampag on the front suspension of my 2005 Escape 4x2 XLS.

The steering is ok, no issues...really on the wheels, more pronounced on the driver's side.

Aside from the tie rod and the tie rod end, what parts should I replace, para one-time-big time repair (i.e bushings)?

Finally, I am not keen on getting original parts. Where can I find replacement parts in Banawe? Ideally one store na lang para isang puntahan.

Then where can I bring the car for repairs? Ideally Banawe na rin.

I wonder how much would be the total damage?

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vjmd View Post
    I am experiencing major kalampag on the front suspension of my 2005 Escape 4x2 XLS.

The steering is ok, no issues...really on the wheels, more pronounced on the driver's side.

Aside from the tie rod and the tie rod end, what parts should I replace, para one-time-big time repair (i.e bushings)?

Finally, I am not keen on getting original parts. Where can I find replacement parts in Banawe? Ideally one store na lang para isang puntahan.

Thanks in advance!

have the suspension assessed muna by a suspension store. difficult to say kung anong sira eh.

as for parts naman, you can try Mazford.
    for installer, Wheelers in N.Roxas

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vjmd View Post

Thanks in advance!
    normally, pa check mo muna sa servitek, yokohama and the likes kasi pang ilalim yan at makikita kung tie rod or what ang dapat palitan. i check mo muna yung cost ng replacement at orig kasi minsan halos same lang ang cost. sa mazford o fordland sa banawe after na na asses na ang car mo para isahan lang.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi. Have a 2005 2.3 Escape. Recently had the same problems you are presently having. Had my tie rod and tie rod end replaced at Banawe c/o Chris the mechanic who hangs around Mazford. Fordland sells this particular parts (tie rod and end) much cheaper compared to Mazford when i asked. He did a good job and the problem was rectified. Hope this can help you.

Major kalampag in Ford Escape 2005