New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi. I got a 2nd hand Lynx RS a couple of months ago. Its really a great car, but I have several questions for other owners.

1. Is the stock CD changer really choosy? Most of my CDs (original and copies) wont work.
    2. Last month the remote (alarm) didnt work. Ford Libis fixed it for free though, they said they had to reprogram the alarm. Did anyone have the same problem?
    3. Just last week, when idle, the engine revs by itself to around 1200rpm, then drops to near stalling and revs again. then idles normally for a while, then does it again. Is this normal?
    4. Isnt there a light in the trunk?

I hope you guys can help. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    yup i got a friend who has a lynx rs and he's complaining about the stock headunit for being so " maarte" and choosy sa mga cd's na pineplay niya.. i don't know bout the remot and the rev thing..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hello kwisha, first of all...welocme to tsikot. enjoy the community.

for you querries:

1. yes, the stock HUs of RSs are very choosy. sa akin, pinipilit ko...unload/load ako lagi lalo na if pirated cds...pero pag orig, di mahirap i-play.

2. for the alarm, let the casa do the works. mine is already a aftermarket system (autopage) naupuan daw kasi nung previous owner yung alarm module ng susi.

3. maybe this could help http://forum.fordclubph.com/viewtopic.php?t=698

4. yes, there is a light in the trunk. however niky, a tsikoteer and an RS owner too...doesn't have a light in his trunk. he owns a 2004 red RS.

btw, you might want to log here as well www.fordclubph.com see you! ;)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... sinagot na ang lahat.

Personally, haven't found my player choosy, but I don't use it a lot. My old Sentra's changer was worse. Maybe some cleaning will help... but then, many "stock" players are fussy with CD-Rs, pirates and scratched discs.

Never had a problem with the alarm. Never heard of one... yet, yours might be an isolated case. And yes, ganun kamahal yung pagbili ng spare key at remote.

The idle fluctuating thing could be a clogged IACV. There are maybe two or three owners who've experienced it, but it's not that common... not yet. Palinis mo nalang.

The trunk lights... apparently Centennial editions and later edition RS's have it, but the rest don't. There's a socket ready for the light, though, so you can order it from Ford or a Ford parts supplier, I guess... but I haven't tried to, yet.

Welcome to the Ford family... sign up ka sa fordclubph.com ... congrats!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks briann, baiskee and niky. big help kayo. thanks also for the warm welcome.

i have more questions:
    1. what is the IACV?
    2. i went looking for a K&N drop in filter sa banawe but couldnt find one that fits. where can i find one?
    3. will a K&N really make a diff in fuel efficiency?

thanks again guys.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i think they still have k&n drop-in filters for the rs at fusion r along e. rodriguez. last time i checked it was going for 4800 pesos.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Kapatid!!! hehehe

Welcome to tsikot bro... RS owner din...

Regarding your querries;

1. Yung stock HU ko hindi naman ma arte sa CD even pirated and burned baka cleaning lang ang kailangan yan...

2. mukhang isolated case yung alarm issue ng sayo. once sa akin ayaw gumana pinalitan ko lang ng battery ok na sya and YES mahal sa casa yung key and alarm because may immobilizer yung key natin.

3. Dito tayo parehas, naka on ba yung aircon mo pag na experience mo eto? sa akin lately ganyan pero ngayun nawala na.. sa akin kc madalang lang mag kaganun kaya di ko pa pinapacheck...
    pakiramdam ko parang mamatay yung engine pero hindi naman, nag start eto once na nag engage yung air con compressor bababa yung rpm na parang mamatay then tataas then bababa tapos magnonormalized na...

4. mukhang nasagot na yung question mo regarding dito...

hope it helps.

Lynx RS questions