New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hi. prospective lynx owner here. i would just like to ask the lynx owners & experts here compared to common japanese brands, are ford lynx parts more expensive & harder to look for? awaiting your replies. thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Used to be harder to find, but more and more shops are carrying them. Some shops like Fordland in Banaue carry most parts you might need.

As for price... it's not bad. Some parts cost as much as similar parts for other cars, some cost a bit more, some cost a bit less. There are a few parts that you can only get original replacements for, pero bihira mo lang kailangan ang mga ito.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    thanks niky is a decently maintained lynx as reliable & as "liveable" as japanese sedans? i want one as a daily drive, somethin different to what everybody else has. do you have an idea of gas mileage of a 1.6mt model in pure, real-world, everyday manila driving? what things do i look out for when inspecting this particular used model? thanks ulet for your expertise

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's MT, certainly not as good as a Honda 1.6, but shouldn't be horrible, I guess. You can learn more on protegetech.org (some Lynx owners there) and fordclubph.com (some there, too).

Liveable, yes.

Things to look out for? Ask if you can test drive it around noontime, in traffic. Look out for any running problems in the heat. The primary problem the Lynx has is in regards to the original cam position sensor and ignition coils. If these have been replaced already, the newest designs will last a long time, no worries. If it's a 2003-2005 model, it's also likely to have the newest designs installed as stock.

Otherwise, same problems as all Japanese compacts, check the suspension, the aircon, the transmission, etcetera. Good luck!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hello, anyone familiar with the mileage of lynx 2000 A/T on normal city driving?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi

i got my lynx last year, i have replaced some items na rin, not too hard to look for parts imo. sabi nga ni sir niky, banawe is the place to look for parts. di ka mazezero. magtyatyaga ka lang to ask around sa mga shops if they have the parts you need.

hth

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mga dude!

Bago lang ako d2 sa Tsikot.
    My ride is a Ford Lynx Ghia 2k1 model. I bought it 2nd hand.
    So far ok naman sya. I like the performance. kayng kaya makipag sabayan sa mga honda!
    Anyway, im here to ask kung may marerefer kyo mekaniko wer in i can bring my car other than casa. yung talagang magaling tumira ng Ford.
    Also, im looking for RS type front bumper. any1 selling? or san ako pwd kumuha nun and magkano?

tnx!
    -jet

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by axtell_54 View Post
    mga dude!

Bago lang ako d2 sa Tsikot.
    My ride is a Ford Lynx Ghia 2k1 model. I bought it 2nd hand.
    So far ok naman sya. I like the performance. kayng kaya makipag sabayan sa mga honda!
    Anyway, im here to ask kung may marerefer kyo mekaniko wer in i can bring my car other than casa. yung talagang magaling tumira ng Ford.
    Also, im looking for RS type front bumper. any1 selling? or san ako pwd kumuha nun and magkano?

tnx!
    -jet
    Hi,

You can register and join the club at www.fordclubph.com. There are a lot of information you can get there and the guys/members are willing to help you out and welcome you to the club.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by overboost View Post
    Hi,

You can register and join the club at www.fordclubph.com. There are a lot of information you can get there and the guys/members are willing to help you out and welcome you to the club.
    Tnx overboost!
    yep nagregister n ako

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by axtell_54 View Post
    Tnx overboost!
    yep nagregister n ako
    No problem and welcome to the club

lynx parts & maintenance