New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    hello. i am considering a ford for our next car. actually its the first time i will be looking outside toyota and honda.

the models i am considering are:
    1. ford focus 2.0 tdci diesel - the top of the line in focus. worried about diesel because diesel engine is quite dirty. worried about the fuel efficiency, i need a fuel efficient car. worried about truck space, i need good trunk space.

2. ford focus 1.8 a/t gas - same concerns as the ones above.

3. ford focus 1.8 m/t gas - im doing this for myself because your not really a "manly" driver if you use automatic.

4. ford fiesta 1.6 gas - i know that this will be the most fuel efficient ford car. but i think its too small and no trunk space. as for power, toyota altis is 1.6 but it is fast and powerful enough. how does fiesta compare to it.

im also worried about ford in general, how is the overall quality? and service? i know that i can never go wrong with toyota altis. how is that compared to ford?

what advice can you give? thank you!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    why not look at korean brands?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post
    hello. i am considering a ford for our next car. actually its the first time i will be looking outside toyota and honda.

1. ford focus 2.0 tdci diesel - the top of the line in focus. worried about diesel because diesel engine is quite dirty. worried about the fuel efficiency, i need a fuel efficient car. worried about truck space, i need good trunk space.

3. ford focus 1.8 m/t gas - im doing this for myself because your not really a "manly" driver if you use automatic.

4. ford fiesta 1.6 gas - i know that this will be the most fuel efficient ford car. but i think its too small and no trunk space. as for power, toyota altis is 1.6 but it is fast and powerful enough. how does fiesta compare to it.

im also worried about ford in general, how is the overall quality? and service? i know that i can never go wrong with toyota altis. how is that compared to ford?

Why worry about the fuel efficiency of the TDCi. Its the most fuel efficient of the 4 or maybe tie with the Fiesta but since its a larger car mas sulit in that regard. Mahal nga lang maintenance kasi all TDCi Ford's need PMS every 5000km while Petrol powered Ford's require PMS every 10,000km...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Get the Focus Diesel IMO if budget is not a problem. Next would be the Fiesta.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post

Why have Toyota and Honda lost your interest?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Why worry about the fuel efficiency of the TDCi. Its the most fuel efficient of the 4 or maybe tie with the Fiesta but since its a larger car mas sulit in that regard. Mahal nga lang maintenance kasi all TDCi Ford's need PMS every 5000km while Petrol powered Ford's require PMS every 10,000km...
    Yes, PMS of the TDCi models cost more than the Petrol model, but on the bright side, the TDCI Focus models are now priced at P1,115,000 down from P1,195,000.
    So now you have an extra P80K to use for the PMS,

Last edited by AG4; May 4th, 2011 at 09:13 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you worry about fuel efficiency, then having a petrol-fed focus should be at the last of your " priority-list " ... BUT ... it has cheaper maintenance compared to the diesel-fed units.

So it's just either you use the discounts for fuel or for your PMS. Though I`d pick the latter since the fuel costs is unstable as compared to the PMS costs which you can estimate by looking at the " PMS chart " that was posted by Ford which was already posted here * the forums. If I'm not mistaken, tidus has a copy of the said chart.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    by all means go for ford.

ang ayaw ko lang sa ford, mahal pyesa and bagsak resale value. durability ng focus... parang ok naman. sa altis din naman is not that great sa reviews so either way you cant go wrong.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, tidus has a copy of the said chart.
    This one?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Of course those prices are subject to inflation so don't expect 5 years from now those PMS prices will hold cause for sure they won't...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
looking outside japan for the first time