New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hello Sirs,

I just want to post this inquiry, I have a 2months old escape xls, I just have HID installed, a 50w 6000k for my low beam and for my fog lamps without using a relay harness (so as not to void the waranty), i observed na when I switch to high beam and back to low beam, my stock radio will have no audio but power it is still powered on, i have to turn it off and back to on again? what is causing this? Is it an indication of electrical problem? pero when I use the stock bulbs for the low beam (to isolate the problem) and and switch to high and back to low, it does not affect the radio, plug back the HID and the problem with the radio happens again? Will it affect the computer box? Sabi kasi ng dealier di pa puede mag lagay ng relay harness kasi baka ma void ang warranty, pero baka yun ang solution.

The initial problem was blinking high beam led lights in my dashboard when switching to High and the solution was changing the ballast to 55w from 35w. According to the shop owner, the supply is not enough, kaya kailangan palitan to 55w since it is daw an american car and ayaw ng 35w. But since the radio problem still happens, tinanggal muna ang HID sa low beam ko at na-retain na lang ang sa fog lamps.

I am not an expert on this and i'm new on this forum. I really would appreciate that you give your comments on the above, and what solution will i have to take. I'm not satisfied na HID ang fog lamps ko tapos ang low ko hindi. I need this because I travel sometimes in the province pag may family outing and I really need the extra visibility on the road. My intent is both safety and improvement actually.

Can you recommend a shop who can help cause I have doubts dun sa shop na napuntahan ko.

Thank you.

Mar

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    think the ballast is drawing too much power, it's just like with stock bulbs when you switch on high beam you will notice your dashboard lites dim a little. this is evident specially with older cars, go to banawe and look for a Narva headlite relay kit. it plugs to your original headlite sockets and taps to the battery. no splicing required. got mine from my friend in banawe. don't buy the sub-zero brand, ang nipis ng wires.
    Last edited by impulzz; January 25th, 2011 at 01:59 AM.

HID when switching to High Beam no sound in stock radio