New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Nope. hehehe.
    hehe, thin wire sungkit na nga lang talaga.

Ako once pa lang naman na-lock susi sa loob ng car. Buti yung spare palagi sa bahay lang.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tenlaw View Post
    Please help me guys. My fiesta just got delivered today. Everything checked out fine. However, in my excitement, i left the car keys insidet. BOTH car keys. The original and the spare. I did not unlock the whole car. I just opened the hatch.

I just called my SA and she told me the only solution is to break the rear quarter glass plate and open the fiesta from the inside. Then bring the car to the dealership to have the quarter glass plate replaced for about 2,800 (with installation na daw yun).

Is there really no other alternative?

Masyado ako naging excited
    You are probably speaking to the wrong person (not your fault).

The "build order" for your vehicle will show "key codes" which can be used to make new keys. The dealer should have this information.

or;

Talk to a qualified locksmith, who, in the alternative can open the rear hatch by picking the lock,which usually is easier to open than a side door.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The hatch door of the Fiesta is ELECTRICAL. Its not mechanical. So its going to be easier to pick the passenger doors which only the driver side has...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I too only see two options to open your FoFi, either you get a duplicate key made using the codes or break the quarter glass.

Trying to get a locksmith to open your car might just damage your lock and eventually you'll have to change all locks (including igition if you don't like to carry a different one for this). Mind you, there is only one key hole for the FoFi hatch, this is by the drivers door only. Also, trying to gain entry via the hatch is not possible as well.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Just call up the CASA, they have the master code for all keys.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    C'mon just break the Glass! I wanna know if its really going to trigger an alarm hehehehe Seriously, cause Fofi owners have to take "that there will be an alarm when the window is broken" in good faith since there is no perimeter alarm for the Fofi, even a sound when you lock unlock the doors.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^^ Nabasag na nung father ni TS yung rear quarter glass. la nabanggit kung nag-alarm pero hula ko, it did went off.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    ^^ Nabasag na nung father ni TS yung rear quarter glass. la nabanggit kung nag-alarm pero hula ko, it did went off.
    Paging Tenlaw...

btw, is the alarm thing available to all variants? tia

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sa manila, yung mga tow truck na humihila ng parked vehicle sa kalye eh kayang buksan ang locked door para ma-release nila handbrake o kaya mailagay sa neutrel ang oto.
    Thi had happened once to my car. Hinila nila papuntang tabi ng Manila City Hall.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Cars are opened via the gap between the side glass and the door. It's not rocket science. I have no formal training on this but I have done it numerous times already (Sentra, Mazda 323, Lancer, etc.). You can buy a slim jim (lock pick) or just fabricate one like what I use.

In more developed areas, a wedge can be inserted to slightly open the top rear corner of the driver's side door frame and a long tool is used to reach the unlock button inside.

AFAIK, you can now learn this from the internet. Back then I had to practice on real cars. :D
    Right on the money again Doc!

Given enough time, there is always a way to get in. I tend to favor the door corner technique since steel and even glass has some degree of flexibility. Enough to insert a tool specially made to reach the door unlock lever.

The dealer however needs to protect the reputation of the vehicle and would give one the impression that the ONLY way to get in is to break a window.

Slim Jim or a door shim by the dealer would highlight the weak points ALL vehicles have.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
HELP:( Ford Fiesta 2011 - ALL keys left inside