New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005

this is the exact service car ng dad ko back in the 80s!!!

this is my favorite car along with our once car Opel Rekord too.

i wouldnt mind driving a fully restored JDM Capella 5 door with 2.0L Turbo in our times right now. still one cool car!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've driven one. Feels old, but a damn good car! Hehe.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post

this is the exact service car ng dad ko back in the 80s!!!

this is my favorite car along with our once car Opel Rekord too.

i wouldnt mind driving a fully restored JDM Capella 5 door with 2.0L Turbo in our times right now. still one cool car!
    basti08, thats the exact brochure I had...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sigh... ang yaman nyo, noh!

Our first local car way back then was "just" the Ford Laser 1.3 hatchback. Not that it was a bad car (lasted us until 1989 or so... I almost grew up in that car!), and it was lots of fun on the highway (light, nimble, relatively quick), but I had serious Telstar envy until the early 90's.

Strange to note that the Telstar already had the last 626's swivelling vents... although I still prefer the analog dials to the digital dash.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah...the memories. hehehe. Dream car ko iyang Telstar nun elementary ako.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hey! don't say "just" the ford laser 1.3 hatchback.... I drove an almost identical car, a 1981 ford laser 1.3 sedan way back in college (got mine in 1986) and I have lots of good memories to go with it. Anyway, mine was a hand me down from my two older siblings - It had a weber 45 single sidedraft carburetor with polished intakes, cam6, 4-1 headers, commodore monza mags (ferrari like 5 rays star mags) with pirelli P7F 195/50-13 tires, bosch rubber antenna, bosch brake lights, bosch rectangular fog lamps, vdo tach and gauges, a clarion 6 speaker sound system, recaro headrest, momo steeringwheel. no tint and white seatcovers. I guess, thats how cars were dressed up back then, hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    At the time, it felt like "just" compared to the Telstar boys... but after a decade or two, in hindsight, it was a lovely car when new.

That's why we went back to Ford after so long... to buy a new Laser. (errh... Lynx).

So far, it hasn't let us down...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Still a very nice went with it 150kph and counting last satrday at star tollway going to batangas

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yeah niky, dont "just" a Laser. kahit kame rin naman walang Telstar. pero na uulol talaga ako sa kotseng yun. napaka astig talaga ng tsikot na yun lalo na yung hatch. tuwang tuwa ako dati na sabi pa nga ng dad ko, may one time na nanood sya ng basketball sa araneta tapos nung nandun na daw, ayoko daw bumaba sa oto kaya iniwan nya ako. pero hindi sya napalagay, he end up na sumilip lang sa game tapos binalikan din ako sa oto. hahaha :LOL:

i wish i could go back nung 80s, dame namen tsikot nung panahon na yun eh..hayyy

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    digital speedo nyian di ba?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Ford Telstar Ghia