New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Regarding sa shocks, refill lang ginawa sa cruven, mahal kasi yung brand new na shocks, mas mura pa nga shocks nung accord ko.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Eto picture nung Telstar namin, panget na yung bumper sa harap, nabanga ko kasi yan dati...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pangarap ko din before na magkaroon ng Telstar, yung TX5, the 5-door version. That time, akala ko nun wala nang gaganda pa sa kotseng yun, hehehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Until last year I had a brochure of the Telstar, it was partialy destroyed during a flood... I can't find it now, but if I knew I would have taken pictures of it.
    If I remember correctly, the Telstar Ghia here was powered by a 1.8 liter engine.
    Yes AG4, it was powered by a 1.8 L Magnum engine.
    The Telstar was known as the Mazda Capella 626 in Japan. The JDM model had a 2.0 L turbo intercooled engine and electronic controlled suspension with 3 settings: normal, sport and auto.
    I have a brochure of both the TX-5 Ghia and the sedan, but I still have to find them. They're just here in my room somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by al00399
    1.8 din yun bro db? ang mahal p rin ng shocks i inquired sa banawe and it still cost 3000/pc.
    Kaya siguro mahal ang shocks ng Telstar kasi may parang collar pa siya, di lang yung rod.

Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    240-250K pala ang presyo nang Telstar Ghia 5 Door Hatch noong 1983-84 sa Philippines.Sinong may sedan dito?
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    250K?!!

ganun ka sagwa ang pilipinas nun? that's $15000 in 1984 dollars! (or so) so mga $30k na yun ngayon. anong klaseng 626 yan? ginto?

kung pesos naman, 250K in 1984 is about 1.5M to 2M ngayon. well, i guess ka-presyo siya ng mazda6 (mas mahal pa nga).
    eggman, that was the price when Ford Philippines was about to close shop in late 1985. We got our Telstar sedan on May 26, 1983 for P83,000. We sold it in 1993 for P100,000. Right after Ninoy was assassinated that year, the price increased to P94,000. I recall that since my tita was about to get a sedan also but when she was about to pay, she was told that there was a price increase so she cancelled her reservation. If I remember right, the TX-5 Ghia was P105,000 during the time we got our sedan. When we got it, it was really bare - no radio, matting, seatcover, tint, not even registration & insurance! Yung dad ko lahat ang naglakad nung reg & ins.
    Yep, it was a car ahead of its time then. Among the Jap brands, it was the 1st to have front wheel drive, transverse mounted engine, electronic igntion, electric driven cooling fans, rack & pinion steering, all coil spring suspension, factory fitted aircon, internally adjusted side mirrors, day & night mirror, warning chime, 60-40 split fold down rear seats, remote trunk & fuel lid opener, digital gauges & swinging aircon louvers for the TX-5, etc.
    I still remember the day when we got it from the casa. I had no idea we were buying a car, I thought my dad was just "window shopping" for a new ride. I was even playing inside the car when my dad sat on the driver's seat, started the car and told me we were going home.

chris-d, ganyan din yung kulay nung Telstar namin, Frosted Mint. Yung ibang color na naalala ko yung Ocean Blue saka Peuter (Beige).

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    one of the best looking cars ang Telstar. Sabi sakin ng friend ko, parang iba ang feeling pag naka Telstar ka before

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ill try to post a pic dto of the telstar, was trying to look for a detailing shop last wkend unfortunately nde n raw pede detail yung top kc mejo manipis n yung coat. Mga bro baka meron kau lam pede mabilhan ng "GHIA" na emblem im looking for one kc yung saken nbsag na.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by al00399 View Post
    Mga bro baka meron kau lam pede mabilhan ng "GHIA" na emblem im looking for one kc yung saken nbsag na.
    Maybe the Ghia emblem from the Focus might fit...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    yes, its probably the first front wheel drive car i saw.

yung kabarkada ng brother ko used to drive the sedan type nung High School sila. one time we were forcing him to make a burn-out...all the while we were looking at the rear wheels....we heard the screeching sound of the tires, but still cant figure out why the rear wheels aren't moving. FWD pala!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn View Post
    I have a brochure of both the TX-5 Ghia and the sedan, but I still have to find them. They're just here in my room somewhere.
    Ha! Nakita ko rin yung Telstar brochures ko. Share ko na rin pati yung USDM & JDM Mazda 626 brochures.

Telstar TX 5 Ghia:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Telstar Sedan:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Ford Telstar Ghia