New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Guys,

I see this as a cover of a June/July American Car Mag, and just wondering, if Ford will bring it in here, as a competitor for Jazz and other sub-compact/hatch.

Here is the pic:

Regards,
    Luke

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

I remember na the Mag, it's WhatCar?, and it's a UK mag pala and here is their review:

http://www.whatcar.com/car-review-full.aspx?RT=842

Regards,
    Luke

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the S-Max is bigger than the Jazz... its natural competitor here would be the Innova and other MPVs. though I doubt if they ever bring it here since they already have the Everest as their MPV / AUV / entry-level SUV.

the Jazz (subcompact) competitor might be the Ford Fiesta:

they also have smaller citycar... the Ford Ka:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    parang grandis

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Oh, I see, kaya pala MPV ang classification.. mukha kasing maliit sa pic...

Thanks
    Luke

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN
    Oh, I see, kaya pala MPV ang classification.. mukha kasing maliit sa pic...

Thanks
    Luke
    Ford also makes small tall hatchbacks(compact 5-seater MPVs) like the Fusion(Fiesta based not to be confused with the US made mid-size sedan) and Focus C-max.

Fusion

Focus C-max

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    the hatcback fusion look like cars from the 80's

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    the hatcback fusion look like cars from the 80's
    Here's one with body colored bumper trim, it actually makes it looks a decade newer...
    Last edited by AG4; July 6th, 2006 at 08:07 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Will this be the next thing in MPVs? A sports performance van?

==============================================
    http://www.whatcar.co.uk/news-specia...699&EL=3150881

[SIZE=4]Ford S-Max: sporty face, seven seats - On the road[/SIZE]
    17 February 2006

The engine line-up takes the S-Max into a niche not covered by the Galaxy. At the top of the range, there's a five-cylinder, 2.5-litre turbocharged engine from Volvo, developing 215bhp and 240lb ft of pull – that's as much as the most powerful diesel, and at similar revs.

Got the feeling you've seen it before in a Ford? You have – it's the engine used in the Focus ST, which means Ford is getting ready to steal the Vauxhall Zafira VXR's thunder.

At the other end of the scale, you will be able to get 123bhp 1.8-litre and 137bhp 2.0-litre diesels, as well as a 142bhp 2.0-litre petrol. A six-speed gearbox is fitted to all but the 2.0-litre petrol engine.

The suspension has been fine-tuned to give the S-Max a crisper drive than the Galaxy, and there'll be a sports option which will almost certainly include lowered suspension and bigger wheels and tyres.

The S-Max, which will start from around £17,000, is said to have more room than any compact MPV, with adequate space for seven adults as long as you don't also need to carry baggage. If you do, the seats fold flat, so they always remain in the car.

Ford promises 'innovative stowage solutions for family life, sport and leisure'. This will include optional headrest-mounted DVD screens and overhead storage boxes similar to those in the Vauxhall Zafira.

Ford will pitch the S-Max against premium estate cars, emphasising its extra flexibility and style. It has a lower and more rakish roofline than the new Galaxy, a less van-like tailgate, more stylised side windows and performance-orientated details, such as the air vents in the trailing edges of the front wheelarches.

The S-Max should prove a hit with those looking for MPV practicality but who value a spirited drive. The slinky styling, sporty chassis and punchy engines will appeal even to those who view MPVs with disdain. Ford predicts that sales are likely to come from buyers of premium estate cars and compact 4x4s.

===============================================

BTW, guys I saw Fifth Gear doing a review on this van... it's almost a sports car from how they were driving it on their test track.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    when ba 'to available sa pinas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ford S-Max