New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    anyone out there who experienced a problem with DSG or Powershift?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Calling on Focus TDCi Powershift owners.. any feedbacks or comments on your dual clutch transmission? anyone out there who experienced problems with their powershift transmission?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    OT

Meron bang plan ang Ford ilagay ang dual clutch sa gas version?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    OT

I doubt it because it's expensive and would result in a higher selling price for the gasoline powered Focus with no real world performance gain.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by robin_micmac View Post
    anyone out there who experienced a problem with DSG or Powershift?
    OT: sir, havent tried the Powershift eh, yun ba yung may -M and +M next to D gear? pano po ba gamitin? di ko maexperiment pa yung saken eh. thanks

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    OT

Yes, upcoming (euro developed) gasoline Ford models will have a Powershift dual-clutch gearbox option.
    As of this moment, the first gasoline Ford models that were announced to be getting the new Powershift dual-clutch gearbox option are the following:
    2011 USDM Ford Fiesta (and possibly future euro and asian Fiesta models)
    2011 Ford Galaxy
    2011 Ford S-Max
    2011 Ford C-Max/ Grand C-Max

Other Ford cars expected to get the new Powershift dual-clutch gearbox for gasoline engines is the next gen 2011/12 Ford Focus Mk3.
    Last edited by AG4; December 29th, 2009 at 11:55 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The only problem I've experienced with the DSG is that when I drive around and come to a stop (say, a traffic light), and put it into neutral, after around 15-20 seconds, I feel a little jerk. Otherwise, I am very happy with it. Its one feature that was mostly available to high-end cars so when I saw this feature, I said that this car is really :cool:.

Macy, when in D, just push the shift gear to your right and that should put it into manual mode. + for higher gears, - for lower gears. Its what they used to call Hydramatic. You can use it to get more power or for engine braking when you need to brake hard, or get more traction on a curve (while going fast).
    :rave::havefun:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I doubt it because it's expensive and would result in a higher selling price for the gasoline powered Focus with no real world performance gain.
    Anything would be better than the 4-speed on the Focus 2.0.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    The only problem I've experienced with the DSG is that when I drive around and come to a stop (say, a traffic light), and put it into neutral, after around 15-20 seconds, I feel a little jerk. Otherwise, I am very happy with it. Its one feature that was mostly available to high-end cars so when I saw this feature, I said that this car is really :cool:.

Macy, when in D, just push the shift gear to your right and that should put it into manual mode. + for higher gears, - for lower gears. Its what they used to call Hydramatic. You can use it to get more power or for engine braking when you need to brake hard, or get more traction on a curve (while going fast).
    :rave::havefun:
    I also notice that slight jerk after stopping for sometime.. but there was a time our powershift didnt shifted at all and got stuck in one gear... you have to turn off the ignition and start the car again for it to work properly again...and you have to do that everytime it gets stuck..and the jerk got even worse..it was like a student driver whose in charge of the shifting..the tranny's computer went mad... i guess our powershift was the first casualty of the lot...the car is still with Ford and were still waiting for the replacement tranny..i know what computers can do on cars these days..they really do improve the performance and efficiency of cars..its just that im not a fan of a computer controlled manual tranny and its was my greatest fear when we got our car.. i do like the performance and i have to say its reallyyyyy good! but how about the computers reliability??

i still prefer the feel of throwing a manual gear lever and feel those synchros engage with each other ... what is wrong with a proper manual tranny and why did they stop offering it

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ...maybe a lot of people dont know how to drive a manual tranny these days .... which may result in low sales volume ...

Except for the MM traffic, i like to drive a manual tranny myself as long as the car has good power

Ford Powershift Transmission