New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ford Fiesta pa lang yata meron integrated Ford Mobile system, sold locally? I might be wrong, since I am not aware of their high-end trucks lineup.

For the Fiesta, the list compatible mobile phones are found here. For a list of compatible music players, you can check here.

Ford Mobile Connectivity website is http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/home.

I want to start this thread, to include personal experiences. Please add on to the list. Baka maging consideration ito nang Ford owners, when buying their next mobile phone or music player.

Compatible Devices:
    1. Samsung Punch Ch*t 322 (dual sim) - tested phone calls (making and receiving). Also tested bluetooth music streaming.
    2. iPod Video Gen5.5 - connected via Ford proprietary cable 8M5J-19C142-AA.

Incompatible Devices:
    1. Samsung GT-C5212 (dual sim) - will pair successfully, but will disconnect as soon as call is made.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa mga non-US made Ford yeah its only the Fiesta that has this Ford connectivity while the Expedition, Explorer and the E-150 have the US style Microsoft Sync in it...

I have tested only 2 mobile phones and they both work...

A Nokia 6700 Classic and the Android OS LG P500 (aka Optimus One)...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    ive paired and used my NexusOne (android phone by HTC) successfully without any hassles or problems.

extra tip... if you have an android phone... you can buy an app called "locale" ($10). you can set the phone's bluetooth to turn on automatically when you plug it. i set it up that way so i dont have to fiddle with anything. i just plug it in... start the car... pairing happens automatically. just did that so i dont have BT on when im not driving to save battery, and i dont have to bother turning it on when im about to drive.

also using an ipod 5g using the standard ipod cable and aux cable... while waiting for my official for cable from ebay US. no problems there too.

while we are at it... i have a few questions...

1. anyone know if theres a page down or faster way to scroll through ipod contents through the fiesta? i have 35 gigs of music and its hard to navigate the ipod via fiesta controls... so im just settling for playlist for the most part. (or i disconnect the ipod cable and control it voa the ipod... but through aux lang)

2. how do you access ford playlists via voice commands? set playlists to Ford1, Ford2, etc... then what do you say to access those playlists?

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    ive paired and used my NexusOne (android phone by HTC) successfully without any hassles or problems.

extra tip... if you have an android phone... you can buy an app called "locale" ($10). you can set the phone's bluetooth to turn on automatically when you plug it. i set it up that way so i dont have to fiddle with anything. i just plug it in... start the car... pairing happens automatically. just did that so i dont have BT on when im not driving to save battery, and i dont have to bother turning it on when im about to drive.

also using an ipod 5g using the standard ipod cable and aux cable... while waiting for my official for cable from ebay US. no problems there too.

while we are at it... i have a few questions...

1. anyone know if theres a page down or faster way to scroll through ipod contents through the fiesta? i have 35 gigs of music and its hard to navigate the ipod via fiesta controls... so im just settling for playlist for the most part. (or i disconnect the ipod cable and control it voa the ipod... but through aux lang)

2. how do you access ford playlists via voice commands? set playlists to Ford1, Ford2, etc... then what do you say to access those playlists?
    When I enter the car with my phone BT on (Samsung), Ford Mobile pairs automatically, when I turn on the engine.

For iPod scrolling, have you tried holding down the center joystick? It'll scroll one-by-one initially, but I noticed that it will page down eventually by letter. I think ha. I may need to double check.

For voice commands, it's all in the Ford Mobile manual, on how to create playlists. May Ford# prefix, but I think just say out the playlist name (e.g. iPod Playlist SharonCuneta). Kunwari lang yung playlist name ha.

Nga pala, medyo limited to Ford Fiesta Sport lang itong thread. Sorry, I realized only the Sport has the handsfree-BT feature.

Compatible Devices:
    1. Samsung Punch Ch*t 322 (dual sim) - tested phone calls (making and receiving). Also tested bluetooth music streaming.
    3. Nokia 6700 Classic
    4. LG Optimus One P500
    5. NexusOne by HTC
    6. iPod Video Gen5 - connected by standard iPod USB cable and 3.5mm cable.

Incompatible Devices:
    1. Samsung GT-C5212 (dual sim) - will pair successfully, but will disconnect as soon as call is made.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Not sure if this will work for you guys, but on our Expedition w/ Sync, I've tested the following devices:

Bluetooth Audio:
    Sony X10i Android phone
    Nokia E52
    Ipod Touch 4th Gen

both phones also worked with the hands free calling

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    blackberry storm compatible - pair it once and everytime i enter it's connected already. one thing i also like about blackberry is i can use the phones' internal voice command through ford audio. i just say "dial mobile" and the bb voice command takes over

for audio it's still the cables for the iPhone and for my USB an 8Gig drive from CD-R King (i use this more often than iphone, less clutter)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    My Nokia E71 works perfectly for Bluetooth connectivity. Automatically connects/disconnects everytime car is started.
    For audio...don't have ipod, but my P330 CDR King 4GB mini usb stick works great, and doesn't "stick out" or have any annoying cables.
    I bought it specially for the Fiesta because of its small size, and you can still get around 400 songs on a 4GB.
    As you can see from the pic...its actually smaller than the rubber usb socket cover, and costs less than an ipod cable

What is the largest size flash drive that is working with the Fiesta?
    Some Malaysian users have stated that 16GB "hangs"...any info from Pinoy users?

http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=products...d=8561&main=27

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    When I enter the car with my phone BT on (Samsung), Ford Mobile pairs automatically, when I turn on the engine.

For iPod scrolling, have you tried holding down the center joystick? It'll scroll one-by-one initially, but I noticed that it will page down eventually by letter. I think ha. I may need to double check.

For voice commands, it's all in the Ford Mobile manual, on how to create playlists. May Ford# prefix, but I think just say out the playlist name (e.g. iPod Playlist SharonCuneta). Kunwari lang yung playlist name ha.

Nga pala, medyo limited to Ford Fiesta Sport lang itong thread. Sorry, I realized only the Sport has the handsfree-BT feature.

Compatible Devices:
    3. Nokia 6700 Classic
    4. LG Optimus One P500
    5. NexusOne by HTC
    6. iPod Video Gen5 - connected by standard iPod USB cable and 3.5mm cable.

Incompatible Devices:
    thats what i was curious about. it says create a FordX playlist then if thats the case... yun na yung playlist name.

holding down isnt really that good... or maybe because i have too much music on my ipod. i have almost 7000 songs. a LOT of artists so scrolling is really hard.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    while stuck in traffic and out of curiosity i plugged in my western digital 500Gig external drive to the Fofi's USB port and voila! it read my mp3 files, though it's not much around 6gig worth

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford Mobile - compatible devices